T-800 Version 2.0 Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vs. the previously released one from a few years ago, this one has battle weathering and comes with two guns.

i dont see those silly battle star on the chest, it just normal brush weather"

compare to version1, it has better teeth, and skull on the base nicely painted, i also like the blue LED around the base. the random flash lights

where can i display my other stuff? XD

Attachments

• SAM_6928.JPG
    SAM_6928.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 369
  • SAM_6935.JPG
    SAM_6935.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 357
  • SAM_6931.JPG
    SAM_6931.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 352
  • SAM_6716.JPG
    SAM_6716.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 346
  • SAM_6722.JPG
    SAM_6722.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 631
  • SAM_6670.JPG
    SAM_6670.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 364
Can you share more info on that v-rex? I've been chasing that particular piece for years.

I have a super rare Full Color -V rex 60 inch maquette from Weta workshop 2005,

this dino was never sold in public

2 bronze one is at NewZeland Weta cave, one sold to Jackie Chan for $73000+

V-REX size 60 inches long

Film star Jackie Chan (left) receives a dinosaur sculpture from five-time Oscar winner and special effects designer Richard Taylor at an auction at the Shanghai International Film Prototype Exhibition in Shanghai. Chan spent 500,000 yuan (USD $73,877) for the bronze V-REX dinosaur, which was used in the Hollywood blockbuster "King Kong."

Art and Charity--Shanghai International Film Prototype Exhibition

https://www.sica.sh.cn/en/show.aspx?gid=325

https://www.sica.sh.cn/zh/index.aspx

Attachments

• 1888749_618190388228410_999667322_n.jpg
    1888749_618190388228410_999667322_n.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 314
  • weta cave studio 1.jpg
    weta cave studio 1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 1653248_618229448224504_2040629612_n.jpg
    1653248_618229448224504_2040629612_n.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 313
  • weta cave studio.jpg
    weta cave studio.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 310
  • weta cave studio 2.jpg
    weta cave studio 2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 329
  • 1899893_618190608228388_1526616895_n.jpg
    1899893_618190608228388_1526616895_n.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 318
  • SAM_6462.JPG
    SAM_6462.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 503
Congrats GG! Your Endo looks awesome. It really complements the motif of your place. :yess:

If anyone is contemplating getting this I would save your money. This is the most expensive piece of garbage I have ever bought. I saved for years to get one of these and finally when I did as usual Sideshow didn't disappoint with the crap quality. Here is a list of the things so far.

No instructions on how to assemble it in any of the boxes. I had to search online to find them.
The polystyrene it is packed in is the cheapest garbage known to man and crumbles to bits just breathing on it.
None of the polystyrene was taped together inside the boxes so everything was left to rattle around with the exception of the legs but the polystyrene was smashed to bits between the legs.
The left arm arrived with a smashed hand and a broken piston from the elbow to the wrist.
Some of the rubber feet have fallen off the base.
The adapter for the lights doesn't work
The light panel has the stupidest design I have ever seen as the switch for the lights is inside the front part so in order to turn on the lights you have to take the thing apart.
One of the legs is loose on the base so the whole statue wobbles from side to side.
The chrome on the torso is a disgrace as if it has been left to pool at the bottom and then its been painted over.
The nut to hold the torso to the hips doesn't tighten all the way.
The head is loose on the neck post so it leans forward and just rattles around
The cables for the neck don't seat properly in the holes
One of the pistons on the leg was broken and glued back on, badly.
The whole thing is covered in a thick dust like it has been displayed for the past 3 years without being cleaned.

I haven't tried to put the arms on yet as I am waiting to see if they can replace the broken one and I don't want to put the good one on as it might be off balance. To say I am disappointed would be an understatement as I have waited so long for this and to be greeted by an inferior product which is advertised as high end is just soul destroying. Depending on the outcome of this I will be finished collecting as there is no enjoyment in it anymore. I know Sideshow couldn't give a stuff as they see it as just another moaning collector but they don't see the impact it has on an individual who has had their dream smashed by this. I don't care what anyone says either as this is my experience and my feelings so people can bash me all they want but until it happens to them then they don't know how it feels.

Last edited:
I'd ask for a replacement man, sorry how **** it arrived for you. I just recently got one of these too but haven't put it together yet. You're not giving me much confidence :lol

Also been eyeing this off for awhile. Already have the first version. Seem to be a lot of unhappy customers on this one. Keen to hear you're thoughts infecdead. Popcultcha or Sideshow?

I'd ask for a replacement man, sorry how **** it arrived for you. I just recently got one of these too but haven't put it together yet. You're not giving me much confidence :lol

i would check it before the return period runs out as guaranteed there will be something wrong with it. I don't mean to scare you but it's like they just haven't bothered. I'm not sure what the first batch of the V2's were like but this is terrible. I could have put up with it if it was just a replacement arm but all the other things on top just tipped me over the edge. I contacted my LCS and told them I was returning it as I don't even want it in the house. I'm done with Sideshow and probably collecting as I have wasted so much money on this stuff and lately it seems there is more bad than good.

i would check it before the return period runs out as guaranteed there will be something wrong with it. I don't mean to scare you but it's like they just haven't bothered. I'm not sure what the first batch of the V2's were like but this is terrible. I could have put up with it if it was just a replacement arm but all the other things on top just tipped me over the edge. I contacted my LCS and told them I was returning it as I don't even want it in the house. I'm done with Sideshow and probably collecting as I have wasted so much money on this stuff and lately it seems there is more bad than good.

Sorry to hear this. Could you please post some photos?

Also, have you contacted SS directly yet? They can't do much if they don't know a problem exists.

Also been eyeing this off for awhile. Already have the first version. Seem to be a lot of unhappy customers on this one. Keen to hear you're thoughts infecdead. Popcultcha or Sideshow?

I got it on aftermarket so there's not much I can do if somethings wrong with it, I knew it came with arm damage so I've fixed that, but I've only ever looked at the arms to repair them. They were quite cool I ran around like an idiot armed with both plasma rifles as you do... Life's complicated for me right now I put the boxes straight into storage :gah:

Well I am feeling pretty lucky now after reading your story Chris Rankin because my experience has been completely different. My T-800 1.1 V2 arrived on 4/2 and we put it together that night. So far I am nothing but THRILLED with it. The only issue we temporarily had was the eyes did not light up initially. We played with the on/off switch a little while... it started working and has been working fine ever since.

I had missed out on the T-800 1.1 V1 years ago and it haunted me to no end. When I found out about the V2 I did not want to repeat that situation so I raised the funds and purchased one within days. I have to say storing those massive boxes in the attic took some doing. We put the contents of the 2 huge boxes in trash bags and labeled them. We then broke down the 2 huge boxes and folded them up for storage. They are so big that even folded up they barely fit through the attic door frame. Overall I have absolutely zero regrets with my purchase so far... I just hope that don't change over time.

My biggest fear is accidentally breaking it by something falling against the arms. We have both arms posed in the down position because we like that look the best and think it is the safest position. Let me send out a prayer to the prop gods to watch over my endo... it took me a decade to get one and I hope to enjoy it much longer than that.

P.S... I did forget to mention that there were no instructions on assembly included. I went on youtube and found a video of how to assemble a T-800 V1. For the most part... the major components assemble the same so following those instructions we had no issues.

I got it on aftermarket so there's not much I can do if somethings wrong with it, I knew it came with arm damage so I've fixed that, but I've only ever looked at the arms to repair them. They were quite cool I ran around like an idiot armed with both plasma rifles as you do... Life's complicated for me right now I put the boxes straight into storage :gah:

You may be lucky and if there is damage you already know about then it won't be as hard a hit when you do finally assemble it. You are a braver man than me as I could never buy one of these aftermarket as there is just so much that can go wrong and it would be harder to get sorted out. I know I am probably going to regret not getting this every time I see one or watch the film but the world will still revolve and life goes on.

Back