T-800 Polystone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty said:
No, as a matter of fact, I think the overall sculpt is excellent. The only thing that bothers me are the eyes. And that might be due to the paint or lighting. They look great in the unpainted shots.
yup. pretty much reflects my opinion as well.

occulum and PsychoCenobite, thanks for the reference pictures. I guess it's just my imagination about the forehead. I must picture Arnold with a smaller forehead in my memory. Or maybe it's the abrupt hairline that the paint deco has.

Oh well...in any case, I take back the forehead comment. :)

One thing that I do love about this piece is the base. Very sleek. The Cyberdyne logo is a beautiful touch.

Also...does anyone else think Sideshow should've either sculpted the flames from the gun being fired or given a separate sculpted attachment so you have a display option.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
occulum and PsychoCenobite, thanks for the reference pictures. I guess it's just my imagination about the forehead. I must picture Arnold with a smaller forehead in my memory. Or maybe it's the abrupt hairline that the paint deco has.

Oh well...in any case, I take back the forehead comment. :)

One thing that I do love about this piece is the base. Very sleek. The Cyberdyne logo is a beautiful touch.

Also...does anyone else think Sideshow should've either sculpted the flames from the gun being fired or given a separate sculpted attachment so you have a display option.

nah.but a change of head with a battle damaged version would of been cool

I would make 2 slight adjustments to make this sucker perfect.
the eyebrow adjustment and I think the eyes are set just ever so slightly too deep, which makes the lower lids appear unusually thick.

wierd part is it looks perfect unpainted

Sith Lord 0498 said:
And that could've been an exclusive edition...

No but that statue of him is based on the movie scene, and there is no battle damage on him, its fine as it is apart from it not looking like him.

DetroitSportsFan said:
Anyone else thinks there's too much forehead?

I think the forehead is *slightly* too big. However - I think the big problem are the eyes.

1) They are a little too small and too close together.
2) There's not enough eyelid - or at least the eyelids are defined. Take a look at the pic of Arnold. Even when he's squinting - you can clearly see the eyelids. On the scuplt - it just goes from eyes to bottom of forehead/eyebrow area.

Gives him sort of a dumb - perplexed look - neanderthal gaze.

Here's a photoshop manip I did of the sculpt:
T-tin.jpg

I made the eyes larger and pull them farther apart. I raised the eyebrows so that he doesn't look like he's pouting. I defined the eyelids to bring out his eyes more. With more eyes visible - he looks more life-like and less like a doll.

I also reduced his forhead so that it's not so bulging. And I fill out his cheeks more. And moved his mouth up slightly.

The manip image is on the right of the screen.

Last edited:
streetjudge79 said:
Not impressed. They should have done a pf figure instead.

Yeah. I'm impressed with everything except for the head. It sucks - but that's the most important part. If that's not right - I can't dig the whole figure.

I think the sculpt is good but the paint has loused it up. Occulum's eyebrow shift was all I thought it needed, and I'll bet it can and will be painted that way.

It's funny how many people think the forehead is too high. This is an approved sculpt, after all. What does Arnold always call people he thinks are idiots?

"Low foreheads."

Gruff Old Bear said:
I think the sculpt is good but the paint has loused it up. Occulum's eyebrow shift was all I thought it needed, and I'll bet it can and will be painted that way.

It's funny how many people think the forehead is too high. This is an approved sculpt, after all. What does Arnold always call people he thinks are idiots?

"Low foreheads."

Can polystone statues be "twicked" and repainted??

Lance

lancelin said:
Can polystone statues be "twicked" and repainted??

Lance

I'm pretty sure you can. I've made fixes and paint touch-ups to some of my Godzilla statues.

It will be tough to fix those eyes, though.

If they made a rocky at same scale, I might consider buying the T-800 and commission someone to twick it.

Lance

Back