Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original Endoskeleton Premium Format was made of metal and solid polystone. Of course it's going to be a lot heavier than this.

Most of Sideshow's current pieces are far lighter than those of old. It's a cost saving technique, as well as reducing the cost of shipping due to the increase in shipping costs these days.

Nevertheless, those parts I listed are definitely polystone and not plastic, but yes he is still light.

Lightweight doesn't automatically mean cheap, and polystone is dirt cheap material. They don't get a discount on shipping due to weight, it goes by size. No matter the actual weight, they get charged for at least 20-25 pounds just due to dimensional weight.

Lightweight doesn't automatically mean cheap, and polystone is dirt cheap material. They don't get a discount on shipping due to weight, it goes by size. No matter the actual weight, they get charged for at least 20-25 pounds just due to dimensional weight.

I just did 2 shipping quotes as a test. Same destination, Same measurements, just different weight. The heavier one was more expensive. I just don't see any other reason then to make lighter statues other than cost saving and to avoid breakage. While the savings may be small on one statue, multiply that by thousands on them and the savings could be quite big.

Why are you comparing shipping quotes now to shipping back in 2003? Rates have gone through the roof since then. Of course it's more now.

In most cases size and weight determine price, but when boxes are quite large, usually the dimensional weight takes precedence. Increases in actual weights may not affect the price then.

hello there you are wrong
here is my proof of my lifesize atom bust the box was 23 inch by 23 inch by 28 inch item weight 35 lbs n dimenstional weight 65 lbs
back in 2003 shipping was only 107 .57 from cali to Sydney Australia
now now its 2018
sideshow endoskeleton maquette box is 13 inch by 23 inch by 27 inch item weight only 15 lbs n dimenstional weight 36 lbs and shipping 125 dollar from cali to Sydney Australia
why is it now sideshow are making most stuff that r lighter but yet shipping cost more than heavy stuff like example of atom bust
can somebody tell me why is the endoskeleton is way less light n box is smaller but far expensive than the atom
look at my invoice for atom I still have it
back in the days sideshow pf was 350 made of pure polystone n heavy shipping was cheap , now pf 500+ n lighter used plastic n poor quality shipping way more expensive I don't get it

What exactly am I wrong about? I just mentioned I got 2 shipping quotes for the same dimensions but different weight, the heavier one was more expensive. I can screenshot the quotes if you like.

Secondly, the answer to your query is something called inflation. You are comparing the cost of something made and released in 2013 to that made and released in 2018. The cost of manufacturing goes up over time, which has a flow-on effect elsewhere, such as services (i.e. shipping).

In the 1970's, you could buy a brand new car for less than $5000 AUD. You are paying far more than that now for even rubbish quality cars.

If Sideshow are charged more by the factories in China to produce their pieces, they then have to pass on this cost increase to the consumer in order to still make a profit. In order to not increase the cost so much, they have to cut costs somewhere. Only way to do this with statues is use less product or less expensive materials.

ok I see , then why do buyers complain if you just mention the above and still buy them if they know this . wouldnt be better not to buy anything at all from sideshow and buy from another company

All companies are affected by this really. The shipping rates for Pop Culture Shock have also gone through the roof.

As for quality vs price, I guess it comes down to what characters you want to collect. If no one else is making the character you want in the scale you want, then you have no choice but to buy from Sideshow.

There wasn't many options a few years ago, but we have more companies to choose from now.

Some people will still complain no matter what though.

There is also something croocked in his nostril
4111B8D1-7C6B-488E-8381-69780342B274.jpeg

I had noticed mine has the same thing. So I suspect most if not all are like that. I'm just going to try the old heat from a hair dryer trick to soften it up and push it into place.

And the base light I had indicated from the pic yesterday is in fact the one that is casting the glow on my endo.

EDIT: I didn't notice the deviated septum. I will have to check mine now.

EDIT again.... No, mine appears straight.

Mine is straight but paint chipped on left cheek.

Attachments

• 640C55D3-A1A0-4593-A171-F9AF16CE4314.jpeg
    640C55D3-A1A0-4593-A171-F9AF16CE4314.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 186
lol how good's that Sideshow quality control, right fellas? :lol

BurningRage I have a paint blemish on the chest on mine, but I'm just going to dry-brush over it slightly.

V8falcon, didn't think to use the hairdryer on the piston. Could work, but it looks like it's been glued like that. Let me know if it works lol. Thanks for confirming the light by the way. So it sounds like mine may have been installed incorrectly, as it's not pointing at the endo. Oh well, I wasn't planning on using the light-up feature anyway. It's a cool effect, but I don't like leaving batteries in my collectibles.

Is that a finger print on the jaw just under his cheekbone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly not sure man. I did notice that as well, but it's got a lot of brush strokes all around the figure, so wasn't sure if it was a finger print or just brush strokes. It does look like a finger print though.

This just doesn't look like a $600 collectible. I'd honestly be upset if I paid anything more than $250 for it. Does this include a wall plug? How are the light up features?

This just doesn't look like a $600 collectible. I'd honestly be upset if I paid anything more than $250 for it. Does this include a wall plug? How are the light up features?

It's not worth 600 bucks for sure, but 250? That's silly dude lol. Even Hot Toys dolls cost more than that. Just curious, but what don't you like about it that makes you feel that way?

As for the light up features, go back through the thread for pics :) they light up with batteries. A couple of AAA batteries in the base for the base light up feature and a battery in the head for the eyes. I never use light up features so my batteries are out, but they do look cool.

Some of the quality control probably isn't best and for $600 nobody should have pieces glued in wrong, crooked noses, or fingerprints in paint. However, the sculpt looks pretty damn good and the base is very nice. I think after an hour or two of touch-up, washes and/or dry-brushing this thing can look pretty killer.

Some of the quality control probably isn't best and for $600 nobody should have pieces glued in wrong, crooked noses, or fingerprints in paint. However, the sculpt looks pretty damn good and the base is very nice. I think after an hour or two of touch-up, washes and/or dry-brushing this thing can look pretty killer.

Yeah exactly. The statue has really grown on me over the week. Yeah the quality control is pretty disappointing but nothing that can't be fixed. The sculpt is really impressive, one of the best endo sculpts I have seen in this scale. It does have some areas that could have been done better (such as the hands), but overall I really love the sculpt. The base is also really impressive.

Re: Endoskeleton Maquette

here is my custom repaint sideshow endoskeleton , did not like the pose so I change the pose and did minor change to it , painted dark metal version
sideshow should have painted like this

Something is very wrong with that Endo! No wonder you are confused about Endoskeletons. It looks like it has been mashed together with all different parts. A Frankenstein if you will. Head, Shins and Piston are all wrong.

It's not worth 600 bucks for sure, but 250? That's silly dude lol. Even Hot Toys dolls cost more than that. Just curious, but what don't you like about it that makes you feel that way?

As for the light up features, go back through the thread for pics :) they light up with batteries. A couple of AAA batteries in the base for the base light up feature and a battery in the head for the eyes. I never use light up features so my batteries are out, but they do look cool.

I know this or any other premium format would never be $250, I was simply stating that i personally would be upset if I paid anything over that. I wasn't necessarily asking how the light up features work, I was asking how they were in regards to quality. I know some SS products have had issues with electronics and what not. I personally don't like the pose, it ruins it for me. I understand that some people are happy with a duller looking endo too, but I would've preferred a shinier finish. Again I'm just being nit picky, if you and others that own it like it then that's all that really matters. I'm just disappointed, I think SS can do better.

Uhmm I'm not sure what endo that is, but is that the horizon kits head with a Neca gun? Kinda almost like the look old horizon kit or maybe a recast from eBay

Last edited:
Back