Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone actually getting this? Does SS still have plans for a T2 maquette?

They have plans for a T2 Maquette and have no idea when it'll be released. My guess is they won't actually release one and if they do, I doubt we'll see one for at least 2 years. It most certainly won't be chrome either. I doubt anyone would be doing chrome Endoskeletons anymore.

Hot toys just nailed the chrome on their Endo. I just wish other companies would follow suit.

electroplating is expensive, and given that statues are produced at much lower edition sizes compared to Hot Toys, doubt they'd bother as they'd have to sell them at too high of a price. The best we can hope for is chrome paint, and even that seems like a stretch these days. Chronicle couldn't get it done on their piece even though they tried, and Sideshow didn't even bother. They just used battle damage to hide the silver paint.

Whilst I'd love to see a chrome T2 Maquette from Sideshow, I don't like the chances of seeing it happen.

I still think this maquette has a silly pose, but the piece has grown on me. I'll wait and see how the production piece turns out before I decide if I want it or not. The details on the prototype are pretty good.

Hot toys endoskeleton wasn't electroplated,I'm pretty sure it's just metallic/chrome paint. I don't see why Sideshow couldn't Do the same. It wouldn't drive up the price anymore than what it already is. Right now the paint is about equivalent to Necas $20 dollar endoskeleton. It's flat silver with a black wash so to speak, which that's pretty sad considering the price of this. Weird decision to go with such a strange pose too, especially since the concept art looked promising.

There are no plasma rifles in T1. You don't even get to see an endo in the future scenes in The Terminator. They wouldn't make sense.

I'm referring to the original concept art which featured three distinct poses. Including the one this maquette is based on (with a rifle) and a cool twin rifle pose. It didn't necessarily have to be T1. Money saved for now, maybe they'll go that route with the T2 maquette if it's still happening, I thought I read ages ago it was put on hold.

Here you go. I world take the 2nd picture. Yes SS Alex confirmed it's in the works. I would think they would want to make because can't imagine T1 version was a big hit. I don't get the pose or not doing chrome, if chrome cost so much just charge more most would pay.

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Without the gun, first image is close to what was produced. For something that doesn't need guns to kill people en masse, the 2nd image has very human characteristics. I guess having the guns makes all the difference. Chrome would've been to cost prohibitive. I do still like the overall details though.

Chrome is not that expensive. Not sure where this idea is steming from, especially since this is a $600 piece. Even metallic paints give off "real" chrome appearances and can be done for a very reasonable price. Hell, china even makes knock offs of sideshows 1:1 terminator bust for $200 on eBay, and the chrome on that looks pretty damn good. No excuses for SS other than pure laziness.

Chrome is not that expensive. Not sure where this idea is steming from, especially since this is a $600 piece. Even metallic paints give off "real" chrome appearances and can be done for a very reasonable price. Hell, china even makes knock offs of sideshows 1:1 terminator bust for $200 on eBay, and the chrome on that looks pretty damn good. No excuses for SS other than pure laziness.

Chronicle Collectibles went into detail on it way back when they were producing theirs. Apparently there's a high failure rate when electroplating products which means a lot of product wastage. They tried to replicate this finish using paint, but they were unable to use the paint they used on their prototype on the production pieces in China. Can't remember what the reason was, I just remember it couldn't be done.

Big difference comparing a product produced in high numbers compared to a product with only a 300 edition size. I don't think it's Sideshow being lazy because Chroncile would have done it if they could. They pride themselves on accuracy.

For all that's involved with chrome plating, from a manufacturing standpoint there are other costs involved that's not in the budget, potential finishing issues aside.

Chronicle Collectibles went into detail on it way back when they were producing theirs. Apparently there's a high failure rate when electroplating products which means a lot of product wastage. They tried to replicate this finish using paint, but they were unable to use the paint they used on their prototype on the production pieces in China. Can't remember what the reason was, I just remember it couldn't be done.

Big difference comparing a product produced in high numbers compared to a product with only a 300 edition size. I don't think it's Sideshow being lazy because Chroncile would have done it if they could. They pride themselves on accuracy.

Chronicle is also known for not being most honest company around, so I'd take whatever they said with a grain of salt. This has an edition size of 300 because of poor sales, which is something that probably wouldn't have happened had this been chromed. If it's not them being lazy or not putting forth the effort, then what is it? As I've said before, there's a lot of decent paints on the market that have a very similar effect to chrome that are very affordable. If those knock off endoskulls from China can be chrome (which I doubt have a large edition size) then so can this. Not sure why several people feel the need to defend SS on this one.

Back