SyFy's Z-Nation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen a whole lot of it.

Isn't there suppose to be a show called "I-Zombie" or something?

Not sure. There was a movie called I Zombie, but that was horrible, horrible zombie trash that I wish I could forget ever seeing. :lol

There's Town of the Living Dead or something like that coming in Oct, that looks fun.

We enjoyed the part when asked how he heard about us he said something along the lines of hearing about them from a ex deputy at a prison up the road.

Time to raise this thread from the dead! :lol

I gave up on Z Nation after two seasons, and when the Black Summer prequel series came out I didn't give it much of a chance.

The second season of Black Summer came out about a week ago so I decided to watch the entire series over the past couple of days.

It's a mixed bag, but I found it worth sticking with. The most frustrating thing was the illogical actions of the survivor: failing to pick up and carry weapons, or failing to shoot the head, so they spend a lot of time running from the zombies. To be fair, the zombies of The Walking Dead franchise are slower, less intelligent and they have soft skulls. In Black Summer they're fast, more aware, and they aren't so easy to put down.

The world of Black Summer is possibly more true to life, with the dog eat dog nature of survival, the morbid distrust of others, the panic, the friendly fire.

The story telling isn't always linear, so you'll see the same events replayed from different viewpoints, or later events played before earlier ones, until it all comes together and makes sense.

There's also some illogicality from the writers as well as the characters, such as a fully stocked supermarket in the midst of an apocalypse.

There was some quite atmospheric scenes, of lonely, quiet, fearful exploration of buildings.

Back