SW PT vs. ST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PT or ST?

• Total voters
Ok so SWT means Star Wars Theory.

I?m watching some of his videos now. Man, this dude is nuts. And I thought you guys were bad.

Gonna be honest here. I think the only appeal of Star Wars is the toys, not the actual movies themselves. So in that case,

PT > ST

The sequel lines sucked, especially if you compare them to Episode I assortment in 1999 and Revenge of the Sith assortment in 2005.

Ok, I?ll laugh at that :lol:lol:lol

:duff

I made that mistake. Time I won?t get back.

All right, back to hating Khev & Friends:

giphy.gif

:lol

I?m watching some of his videos now. Man, this dude is nuts. And I thought you guys were bad.

Gonna be honest here. I think the only appeal of Star Wars is the toys, not the actual movies themselves. So in that case,

PT > ST

The sequel lines sucked, especially if you compare them to Episode I assortment in 1999 and Revenge of the Sith assortment in 2005.

TPM in particular had a lot of great toys.

My top 10 favorite design elements from the PT in no particular order are:

Maul
Regal Queen Padme
ROTS Anakin
QuiGon
Cody
Bly
Jedi Starfighter
ARC-170
Naboo fighter
ObiWan Rots

My top 10 favorite design elements from the ST in no particular order are:

Luke
Luke
Luke
Luke
Luke
TROS Rey
TROS Rey
TROS Rey
TROS Rey
TROS Rey

Maul
Regal Queen Padme
ROTS Anakin
QuiGon
Cody
Bly
Jedi Starfighter
ARC-170
Naboo fighter
ObiWan Rots

Luke
Luke
Luke
Luke
Luke
TROS Rey
TROS Rey
TROS Rey
TROS Rey
TROS Rey

My favorite design elements from the PT were

Ahsoka Tano
Assajj Ventress
Darth Maul & his double-bladed lightsaber

My favorite design elements from the ST were

Kylo's lightsaber
Rey's staff
Rey's yellow lightsaber
Snoke's guards in TLJ
The Knights of Ren
Zorii Bliss

I made that mistake. Time I won?t get back.

Ah man.. Im sorry.. I would not wish a viewing of that film on anyone.

PT > ST

Toys for PT were far better.

Favorite PT looks/designs:

Darth Maul
Theed Invasion Amidala
ROTS Anakin
Republic Gunships
Arena Padme
Naboo Starfighters
ARC-170's
Phase I Clonetroopers
I do even like the basic Battle Droids and Gungan Warriors

Favorite ST looks/designs:

TROS Rey
TFA Rey
Kylo Ren
BB-8
Sith Troopers
Crait Luke
Hobo Luke
TROS Palps
TIE Daggers (Exegol TIE Fighters)
Praetorian Guards
Knights of Ren

Favorite PT looks/designs:

Darth Maul
Theed Invasion Amidala
ROTS Anakin
Republic Gunships
Arena Padme
Naboo Starfighters
ARC-170's
Phase I Clonetroopers
I do even like the basic Battle Droids and Gungan Warriors

Favorite ST looks/designs:

TROS Rey
TFA Rey
Kylo Ren
BB-8
Sith Troopers
Crait Luke
Hobo Luke
TROS Palps
TIE Daggers (Exegol TIE Fighters)
Praetorian Guards
Knights of Ren

Love the ROTs anakin look to . Idk why but the longer hair and dark robes are just a great fit and work so much better. They were gonna give him a Mohawk , thank goodness that didn?t happen .

He looked very plain and like a nerd in AOTC but in ROTS I can take him as a full fledge badass jedi with anger issues. The design just works even tho it?s simple

[...]

[...]

That's how we're gonna win. Not by posting what we hate. But listing what we lo - :chase

Favourite PT Design Elements in No Particular Order

1. N1 starfighter
  2. J-Type Diplomatic Barge
  3. J-Type 327 Nubian
  4. J-Type Star Skiff
  5. Darth Maul
  6. Phase I Clone Armour
  7. B2 Super Battle Droid
  8. Republic Gunship
  9. Naboo Fighter Pilot Uniform
  10. Asajj Ventress (The Clone Wars)
  11. Mother Talzin & The Nightsisters (The Clone Wars)

Favourite ST Design Elements in No Particular Order

1. First Order Stormtroopers (They got a lot of flack but I think they were a decent update)
  2. First Order Transporter (Troop Transport)
  3. First Order Dreadnought
  4. Rey in Salvaged Rebel Pilot Helmet (Not a static design element, but a fantastic visual)
  5. Wreckage of the Inflictor and the Ravager on Jakku
  6. Resistance Bombers
  7. Resistance Bomber Pilot Uniforms

Last edited:
Judged solely on exuberant, original design, I'd say the PT (in spite of riffing on the OT) is probably the best of the bunch. Some of their stuff is just beautiful and succeeds in showing a sprawling, civilized galaxy before the ravages of large-scale war, along with elements of darkness and mystery that fire the imagination and hint at ancient cultures.

I remember around the time TPM came out, poring over the concept art and being impressed and transported by the possibilities.

SW has 6 milestones with # 1 being the big bang of the 6:

1. 77 for the first time nothing else in SW or even cinema compares

2. ESB father reveal

3. SW SE

4. Build up to TPM (build up only the actual films never lived up to the build up)

5. Return of Hamill, Ford and Leia to saga (The ST lived up to the build up much better than the PT did)

6. Live SW (with Luke and Fett no less) first time on TV

Where's the love for good ol' General Grievous?

TFA was my first Star Wars movie in theaters (Okay technically it was TPM because I watched a marathon of the first 6 in the theater leading up to 7), and TLJ was what killed my love of Star Wars for a few years as I dove into other pop culture properties. It took the Mandalorian to bring me back in.

Both trilogies are a mixed bag but I definitely give it to the prequel trilogy for many of the already stated reasons. Way cooler characters both in terms of design and personality, a bit more of a unique plot that isn't just constant rehash, and being helmed by Lucas definitely helps despite the cons that also come with that. I think ROTS is actually a good movie despite it's flaws which is enough to make the PT win out for me, not to mention the PT gave us the Clone Wars (which is what the entire prequel trilogy should have been in the first place). I only like TPM for the third act and Liam Nesson. AOTC is basically all bad except for Obi-Wan's little side quest with Jango.

I really liked TFA upon release because of everything it set up, but then none of it pays off at all so then all it's flaws become that much more apparent. I have not seen TLJ since the theater but it was probably the biggest cinematic disappointment of my life; at the time I put it as the worst Star Wars movie. But then TROS came along and while it was less disappointing (because I didn't have any expectations to begin with), it took the worst aspects of both movies and mushed them together. I at least can give TLJ some credit for trying to branch out, even just a little bit, and failing spectacularly.

Do I dare re-watch the ST to reevaluate?

SW has 6 milestones with # 1 being the big bang of the 6:

1. 77 for the first time nothing else in SW or even cinema compares

2. ESB father reveal

3. SW SE

4. Build up to TPM (build up only the actual films never lived up to the build up)

5. Return of Hamill, Ford and Leia to saga (The ST lived up to the build up much better than the PT did)

6. Live SW (with Luke and Fett no less) first time on TV

Number 5. Yes the return of characters who aren?t onscreen together that much and aren?t even all together abd they all die. Great milestone. Bravo

Where's the love for good ol' General Grievous?

TFA was my first Star Wars movie in theaters (Okay technically it was TPM because I watched a marathon of the first 6 in the theater leading up to 7), and TLJ was what killed my love of Star Wars for a few years as I dove into other pop culture properties. It took the Mandalorian to bring me back in.

Both trilogies are a mixed bag but I definitely give it to the prequel trilogy for many of the already stated reasons. Way cooler characters both in terms of design and personality, a bit more of a unique plot that isn't just constant rehash, and being helmed by Lucas definitely helps despite the cons that also come with that. I think ROTS is actually a good movie despite it's flaws which is enough to make the PT win out for me, not to mention the PT gave us the Clone Wars (which is what the entire prequel trilogy should have been in the first place). I only like TPM for the third act and Liam Nesson. AOTC is basically all bad except for Obi-Wan's little side quest with Jango.

I really liked TFA upon release because of everything it set up, but then none of it pays off at all so then all it's flaws become that much more apparent. I have not seen TLJ since the theater but it was probably the biggest cinematic disappointment of my life; at the time I put it as the worst Star Wars movie. But then TROS came along and while it was less disappointing (because I didn't have any expectations to begin with), it took the worst aspects of both movies and mushed them together. I at least can give TLJ some credit for trying to branch out, even just a little bit, and failing spectacularly.

Do I dare re-watch the ST to reevaluate?

Hmmm. It seems like the majority think like me aswell. ROTS despite its flaws is pretty good and won me over on the PT. AOTC is bad and TPM is meh

Back