Surveying interest: BTTF Marty's Nikes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchung

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I found my old molds for Marty's Nikes...
www.custom-figures.com/backtothefuture.html

I made these five years ago, and I don't know if they hold up to today's standards... the sculpting is a bit rough, and HT has really raised the bar.

Still... I thought I'd ask to see who all would be interested in a pair of Marty's shoes. I slush-cast in urethane, then "sew" the laces in, and then paint and weather with acrylics to finish them. With a lot of handling, the paint could peel off... but I'm not aware of anything more durable on urethane... Suggestions/tips welcome...

As I'm new to this board, I'm also curious as to what a fair price for them would be... Let me know if you're interested, and what you think I should sell them for... I've got a lot on my plate lately, but just thought I'd check to see if it'd be worthwhile to do up some sets...

Thanks,
Dan

Here's a list of interest (no obligation) so far... (I've included some other items mentioned, to see if I can get my friend to do some of them... not sure if she will...)

shoes:

1. elvis1976
2. indiana fett
3. marfmaster
4. 2000man
5. indiana
6. mr. fusion
7. kinggrayskull
8. star puffs
9. microjow
10. koupon

watch:

1. deckard
2. microjow
3. indiana fett
4. kgrhoad
5. kgrhoad
6. kgrhoad
7. ebayarea
8. koupon

jacket:

1. ebayarea
2. marfmaster
3. deckard
4. koupon

vest:

1. indiana fett
2. koupon

suspenders:

1. indiana fett
2. marfmaster
3. koupon

walkman/headphones:

1. indiana fett
2. koupon

Last edited:
I'd be in for a jacket if you ever do one, that figure you did is so awesome. Your site is the reason I even started collecting 1/6 figures because I was so impressed by what you did, I'm a huge fan!

Definitely interested in the shoes! I'd be interested in some more bits if you decide to do them too (vest, suspenders, walkman/headphones...)

:rock

I'm in for a pair of shoes! I would also be in for a denim jacket/suspenders if you decided to do a run of them :hi5:

What's fair market price these days for custom shoes around here?

I definitely am in for a pair. :yess: For the price, I don't know of anyone else selling custom shoes. The best I can think of are the ones sold on eBay for 10 dollars. I'd say 20 or so unpainted for yours, but of course, it is all up to you.

What's fair market price these days for custom shoes around here?

I would say at least $20 or $25 depending on how many you are planning on selling. Indiana and I are definitely down for a pair, regardless of the price.:wink1:

Any chance of you offering the digital calculator watch? :pray:

I got the watch maybe six years ago from Nan and Tung at Echobase. Doubt they'll have any more... I have no idea which figure this watch originally came from. Probably Dragon, as they were bigger than any other company back then...

I could mold it, I suppose and cast dupes, if no one has a problem with that...? Don't know if that's crossing a line, as I did not sculpt them...

Dan

That would be awesome! I don't think people would have a problem, if it were a headsculpt that would be one thing, but if it's just a dragon watch I wouldn't think so.

I got the watch maybe six years ago from Nan and Tung at Echobase. Doubt they'll have any more... I have no idea which figure this watch originally came from. Probably Dragon, as they were bigger than any other company back then...

I could mold it, I suppose and cast dupes, if no one has a problem with that...? Don't know if that's crossing a line, as I did not sculpt them...

Dan

If memory serves, the watch is from a BBI Police figure. I have the same watch on my Marty.

Hmmm, thanks for the info. I've been searching ebay pretty much everyday for all 1/6 watches and haven't had any luck :gah:

Will be out of town for the next week and a half, but when I get back, i should have some time to whip up some watches and shoes...

How many are in need of the watch?

Back