Supreme Court has spoken - No need for investigation into Ohio Voter Fraud

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly correct.

My only point was that most of the people who say "Fox sucks" usually follow up with "but CNN and MSNBC are cool". And that just isn't true.
Yeah, they all work for big corporations that more or less want to suck the life out of you and I for the sake of godmoney....

(I recognize the inherent irony in making this statement on a website that involves buying things that also put money into the same hands that own FOx and CNN and MSNBC. I, like the devil, am a fan of irony.)

Not that they're all that much better but I kind of prefer BBC coverage. ;D

Exactly correct.

My only point was that most of the people who say "Fox sucks" usually follow up with "but CNN and MSNBC are cool". And that just isn't true.

I agree. I think Fox sucks but I won't say that the other two are the best things since sliced bread. I save that for Buffalo Wings and Sideshow. :lol

Exactly correct.

Since I reacently learned that MSNBC is also biased, its not cool anymore.

F'N political threads are a disease to this board......if mods dont stop this infection soon,I will unleashed an unprecedent fury against this board and will Kall all krusaders from their dark slumber to unleash another era of thread derailling, e-bashing and extremely annoying and nasty posts on this boaard.

You have been warned.

The Great worm.

:lecture:lecture

F'N political threads are a disease to this board......if mods dont stop this infection soon,I will unleashed an unprecedent fury against this board and will Kall all krusaders from their dark slumber to unleash another era of thread derailling, e-bashing and extremely annoying and nasty posts on this boaard.

You have been warned.

The Great worm.

I'm ready brother!!!

Just a note - blackmail and threats aren't the best way to win friends and influence people, even if it's the French Canadian way.

It does seem that the political threads are one way slides into darkness - there doesn't seem to be any actual debate, just "you're wrong," no, "YOU'RE wrong".

We may tolerate these threads for another 3 weeks, but they will have to remain civil, non-aggressive and I'll add the caveat - productive.

Dave....they may say "It'll end when the election will". But you, and I know...after November...its only just begun....

prairie_dog.gif

Dave....they may say "It'll end when the election will". But you, and I know...after November...its only just begun....

prairie_dog.gif

No, it will continue, but it won't be front and center of everyone's attention after the election. I think we can return to just banning political threads after the election.

3 weeks is still a long time... :monkey2

How 'bout we just make a public political social group and call it a day? That way the political threads don't show up on the front page.

We may tolerate these threads for another 3 weeks, but they will have to remain civil, non-aggressive and I'll add the caveat - productive.

May as well shut 'em down now then, Dave. Because even when they are civil, nothing ever really changes. Instead of "you're wrong!" and "No! YOU'RE WRONG!!!", we get "I'm afraid I must disagree with your thoughtful assessment". More civility, but no different "productive" outcome.

prairie_dog.gif

No, it will continue, but it won't be front and center of everyone's attention after the election. I think we can return to just banning political threads after the election.

I honestly do hope these sort of threads do end for the most part after the election is over. You can't stop it now, it's all anyone that lives in the US is thinking about, but I do look forward to when these political, emotionally charged discussions become few. Seriously.

3 weeks is still a long time... :monkey2

How 'bout we just make a public political social group and call it a day? That way the political threads don't show up on the front page.

And I think this is a good idea too, I recommended it awhile back. Another "Sandbox" of sorts. But Dave is probably wondering if it would just further encourage this sort of debate that has turned his board, and his moderator's time, upside down, especially if there is a section dedicated to it.

Mabye have it be a no man's land. If you bring anything from that thread out into the other forums, you're gone.

It would still be really difficult to manage, though. No matter how hard people try, there are always bad feelings that come out of these trying times. Allowing people to get into such heated (and often hateful) arguments, and then expecting them to all just "leave it at the door", might be more than some can handle.

It would still be really difficult to manage, though. No matter how hard people try, there are always bad feelings that come out of these trying times. Allowing people to get into such heated (and often hateful) arguments, and then expecting them to all just "leave it at the door", might be more than some can handle.

I agree. As I've said before, these are polarizing issues and no matter if it's a hands off forum, the bad feelings are bound to crop up other places, just as these political threads have generated ill will.

I blame Bad Moon.:horror

Back