Supernatural Discussion Spoilers and Stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks yeah I sw that and had to get i love this shirt..yeah One heck of a cliffhanger I can wait for next season!!!

QUOTE=Chapter 2099;4465214]Definitely agree.

On a side note, I just noticed your avatar. That was a TeeFury design a few months back. :rock Awesome stuff.[/QUOTE]

So my thoughts on the finale, it was alright, but not one of the shows best.

I thought Bobby's exit was, I don't know, just didn't seem very moving. I would have liked to have seen his face when he was vanquished, rather than showing the boys only. I also kind of thought perhaps they would summon Tessa the Reaper to see if she was able to take him away with her. But I guess that wasn't possible because Bobby had chosen to stay behind before.

Anyway, Cas should be back next season, now that he's trapped with Dean in Purgatory. Then there's Meg who's been taken by Crowley, I wonder where they're going with this story?

Thankfully there is a season 8, this would have been a really bad ending to the show.

There's the fact that Dean and Cas are in Purgatory. Purgatory is where ghosts go. Could we be seeing Bobby in Purgatory as well? Could Cas's being in Purgatory mean that we could see Bobby getting pulled out of that place and corporeal again? If so, then...:yess: :yess: :yess:

This was, without a doubt, the WORST season finale in the history of the show, and I would argue for almost the entire season of any show I watch.

Weak to the extreme.....just awful. So, they kill the big bad in two seconds? The whole main storyline feels like filler. Writers clearly ran out of ideas this year.

I love the show, but still think they shoud have ended with season 5. The finale to that season was one of the best I have ever seen. They just don't seem to have the direction that they used too.

I love the show, but still think they shoud have ended with season 5. The finale to that season was one of the best I have ever seen. They just don't seem to have the direction that they used too.

Yeah, the previous finales would be pretty big deals, with the last several eps leading right up to it.....I knew this finale was in trouble when they spent an entire scene on demon contracts, then the next it was like, 'screw the contract and the last 5 min you watched!'

Things were a bit too obvious I thought. I mean we all knew Bobby was going to become a vengeful spirit and that they'd have to burn the flask. Crowley turning on the Leviathan's also was kind of obvious, so much for a contract with him - ____ probably should have just kissed him :)

I also thought they killed ____ way to easily, I thought it wasn't going to work, but then they pull out another bone and that was it.

Also note to writers, please bring back normal Cas, he kind of got annoying in the finale with his behaviour.

Alright, so after watching the finale a few days ago and having had time to let everything sink in, my overall thoughts were a mix between 'hmmmm' and more 'hmmmm.'

A lot of you already brought up points that I had concerns with, but I'll bring them up again.

1.) Cas....what in the heck are the writers doing to this character? I was waiting for this 'big sacrifice.' I thought Cas was going to come to and be the 'ace up the sleeve' for the Bros. I thought we'd see once last glimpse of the S4 awesomeness that he once was, going down in a blaze of glory. But that's not what we got....that arguably upset me more than anything on the finale. I really thought we'd see once last rise to glory/redemption. Instead, we got more of the 'zen' Cas, who I'm not a fan of in the slightest. I understand he's screwed up in the head from Lucifer, etc. etc., but c'mon, let's fix it and move on.

2.) And speaking of the Devil....where was Lucifer? You can't have Sam tormented for almost an entire season and not address where or what Lucifer is up to. I was expected him to play a role in this finale believe it or not, but looks like I was wrong again.

3.) Bobby. I'm really glad they sent his character packing. I'm liked the 'realization' moment that the Bros. and Bobby had. Touching. My only complaint was that I wanted to see Bobby 'fade away' rather than just show a bright like, assuming we all know what happened. Seeing is believing and that's what I wanted to see.

4.) The Metallicar is back!!! w00t! That might have been my favorite moment in the entire finale, seeing that car hit the pavement once more. Such an awesome scene! The only thing that could have been better was seeing Dean behind the wheel once more, but hey, I'll take the car over no car.

5.) I really hope this isn't the last of Roman and Co. They were defeated too easy in my opinion, as menacing as they were. And now that Dean and Cas are in purgatory, hopefully, they'll have to readdress some Leviathan issues again, but something tells me that'll be the end of them sadly. Never say never I guess.

All in all, like I said earlier, the only thing I could say at the end of the finale was 'hmmmm' which may be my own way of saying that I was a little disappointed sadly. There were a lot of directions and aspects that they covered this season that I felt were unjustly addressed in the finale, which I think is why I felt the way I did. Overall, I'll continue to faithfully watch. It's still the only show on TV worth watching, IMO. And I look forward to seeing what they have in store for S8. :rock

Last edited:
4) Loved the car scene, too

5) Writers need to get as far as way from ____ and Co as they can...

I just think the Leviathans have so much potential, BUT I agree. If they continue to drag this on, then they need to move on.

Hopefully, with some of the 'leadership' on set changing hands, I'm keeping my fingers crossed we see something 'fresh' this coming season.

____ Roman had a good actor, but a character is only as good as the story they are given to operate in. And the leviathan storyline just isnt working for many reasons. It was fundimentally flawed in every single way. Cramming even more of it in isnt going to help matters.

Just be thankful that we don't have to tolerate another second of the writer's increasingly jeuvenile sense of humor by being forced to hear another "____" pun every 20 seconds.

Hopefully now that Sera Gamble is no longer the showrunner, season 8 will get back to the glory days of the show.

I do think they should have some female presence in the show. What happened to the Sheriff? Why don't they bring her back. I honestly think killing all the female characters on the show was a mistake, did they really need to lose Ellen and Jo at the same time?

I'd like to see them go back to some unfinished storylines. Chuck returning would be one, the half human half demon child would be another. Going up against Crowley would also be something I'd like to see again and perhaps we will get that next season.

The senseless killing of so many of the female characters is one of the things that turned me off the show.

I haven't watched it on a regular basis since season five. I honestly just got burnt out on Sam and Dean and all their "brotherly angst". It became more like a farce than compelling drama, IMO. The chemistry between the bros was the show's original strength, but there is such a thing as overkill.

And I do think Sera Gamble was awful.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Pretty much what I have thought since season 6. This show is going to end up in The X-Files territory of lasting too long....

Ok, how many damn times do we need a season finale ending with someone in Heaven, Hell, now Purgatory. Enough! Try something new. Sweet Jebuz! I'd have rather seen the bros. both arrested. The door slams behind them, roll credits.

Back