Supernatural Discussion Spoilers and Stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started rewatching season 1 on Netflix, only to find that "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" was replaced with generic crap in the episode "Skin", and "Faith" no longer had Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear The Reaper". I then proceeded to say to myself,"**** this ****, I'm watching my DVD's."

I started rewatching season 1 on Netflix, only to find that "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" was replaced with generic crap in the episode "Skin", and "Faith" no longer had Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear The Reaper". I then proceeded to say to myself,"**** this ****, I'm watching my DVD's."

WHA?!?!?! :thud:

Of all of the songs NOT to include?

I remember Roswell had a similar issue way back, with their DVD release. They used a lot of big-time artists throughout their episodes when the episodes first aired, but when the DVDs were released, they had to scale back because of licensing costs, etc. Big disappointment.

I'm kind of surprised to here that with this show though. I will cherish my DVDs dearly now.

This week's episode was great. Odd seems like the episode was a little longer, less commercial? I could be wrong. :dunno

Also I noticed that TNT only has SN up to season 6. I'm guessing season 7 will air sometime in 2013?

This week's episode was great. Odd seems like the episode was a little longer, less commercial? I could be wrong. :dunno

Also I noticed that TNT only has SN up to season 6. I'm guessing season 7 will air sometime in 2013?

It did seem a bit longer. I agree.

As far as S7, I'd definitely say 2013. They just reset the series back to S1, so by the time they get back to S7, it'll be about that time (and that's assuming they get the rights to air it then.) They'll get it eventually though.

WHA?!?!?! :thud:

Of all of the songs NOT to include?

I remember Roswell had a similar issue way back, with their DVD release. They used a lot of big-time artists throughout their episodes when the episodes first aired, but when the DVDs were released, they had to scale back because of licensing costs, etc. Big disappointment.

I'm kind of surprised to here that with this show though. I will cherish my DVDs dearly now.
Yeah, my jaw hit the floor. Those were two of the moments that still stand out in my head, and, while I understand why they had to do it, it's still hard to believe.:lol

Yeah, my jaw hit the floor. Those were two of the moments that still stand out in my head, and, while I understand why they had to do it, it's still hard to believe.:lol

I'm tempted just to watch that version, just to test my reaction. :lol

Think I am in the minority, but for myself, this season has been kinda off and a little slow - not one episode has really grabbed me in the way I had hoped. Season is early and maybe its just my growing frustration in a bigger arc not yet emerging......

Think I am in the minority, but for myself, this season has been kinda off and a little slow - not one episode has really grabbed me in the way I had hoped. Season is early and maybe its just my growing frustration in a bigger arc not yet emerging......

Get that blasphemy out of this thread.

NOW.

:D j/k

It'll shape up though. I'm happy with the tempo thus far, but it'll pick up even more, I'm sure.

I'm tempted just to watch that version, just to test my reaction. :lol

My reaction:

Me:"Awesome! I love this part! Wait, that's not the right music...or did I just remember it wrong?"

*googles "music for Supernatural episode 'Skin'"*

Me:"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida; yeah, that's what I thought."

*googles "why is the music for the Supernatural episode 'Skin' different on Netflix?"*

Google:"The music is also different in the episode 'Faith'."

*goes back into Netflix to see for myself*

Me:"**** this ****, I'm watching my DVD's."

My reaction:

Me:"Awesome! I love this part! Wait, that's not the right music...or did I just remember it wrong?"

*googles "music for Supernatural episode 'Skin'"*

Me:"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida; yeah, that's what I thought."

*googles "why is the music for the Supernatural episode 'Skin' different on Netflix?"*

Google:"The music is also different in the episode 'Faith'."

*goes back into Netflix to see for myself*

Me:"**** this ****, I'm watching my DVD's."

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:rock

Get that blasphemy out of this thread.

NOW.

:D j/k

It'll shape up though. I'm happy with the tempo thus far, but it'll pick up even more, I'm sure.

Oh, I have no doubt - Supernatural is one of those shows that, to me, benefits from watching on DVD. One a week isn't enough, but when you can watch em three at a time, the story always feels more cohesive

Oh, I have no doubt - Supernatural is one of those shows that, to me, benefits from watching on DVD. One a week isn't enough, but when you can watch em three at a time, the story always feels more cohesive

You gotta check out the TNT marathon right now. 24 hours. :rock

I agree. One episode isn't enough. It's a lot more cohesive when you can see the arc play out over a day rather than a month.

I did a whole Supernatural marathon for the first six seasons and it's so much better to watch that way. When a show has that long season story arc, it's easier to remember everything watching them all in one go :)

Really loved this weeks episode btw :)

The best filler episode they've had in a long time.

I did a whole Supernatural marathon for the first six seasons and it's so much better to watch that way. When a show has that long season story arc, it's easier to remember everything watching them all in one go :)

Really loved this weeks episode btw :)

The best filler episode they've had in a long time.

This is bringing back so many memories. Whoever is responsible for picking the episodes for this current marathon is a genius. It's been the best of the best so far. There's been no order, but the selection is amazing. I love it.

I've still got another 12 hours of this, so looks like I'll be up all night. :yess:

Let's keep this thread rockin', people.

Oh, wow.

So, I just had one of those ':slap' moments.

I just got done watching 'Mommy Dearest' from S6, with the death of Eve. Also the ep. where Dean names the 'Jefferson Starships.' :lol

Anyways, the last scene of the episode shows Cas and Crowley, face to face in the diner. The 'if only you believe in miracles' song playing in the background is by....

Jefferson Starship.

I had no idea. It's one of my favorite song placements in the series and here I was totally oblivious to Jefferson Starship reference. Of course, I know who they are and I've heard the song before, but I never knew this was one of their hits! Very clever of the writers to throw this song in there, give the reference earlier in the episode.

It's the little things in life that put smiles on our faces. :)

I know nothing about Jeffersen Starships, so that joke always went completely over my head :lol

Wish I was watching the marathon right now :(

Jefferson Starship, formerly Jefferson Airplane; they were also responsible for the hit "White Rabbit", which played in Season 1 when that guy got ganked at his car (I know that's too general, I'll just let them see if they can figure out which guy at which car).:lol

It did seem a bit longer. I agree.

As far as S7, I'd definitely say 2013. They just reset the series back to S1, so by the time they get back to S7, it'll be about that time (and that's assuming they get the rights to air it then.) They'll get it eventually though.

Thanks Chapter 2099.

Back