Statue Superman: The Man of Steel Metallic statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're trying to emulate specific frames or covers, but like the Miller one, they chose the wrong one and positioned it completely wrong. I'm not sure where Sound of Music Superman comes from, but I"m sure it's a specific cover or something.

I know it's only the beginning of the con but, anyone else feeling let down by this series? Not impressed with all these weird fly/ballet poses. No idea what the story is on the new one shown. Not the Gary Frank one. Why aren't we seeing any older classic artist versions? Curt Swan has probably drawn Superman the most times and still nothing from his style. I'd even like a John Byrne Supes. Any thoughts?

After the new con pics with him next to the new Batman Black and whites I just had to. He' looked way too out of place.

Supersoundofmusic.jpg

I preordered the Bruce Timm version on BBTS. Although I believe he's incorrectly listed as a James Shoop.

Just got billed for the Bruce Timm Superman statue from BBTS. Although it's still listed as the James Shoop version. I sent them an email to clarify which I'm actually getting.

My Superman arrived last night. Not sure why Bruce Timm isn't give credit on the package for this one. Maybe because Timm developed the series so the phrasing of 'Animated' is used on the packaging instead.

Anyway, I really dig this piece.

Just thought I would post this fun link. It's rather sad that out of the 10 Superman artists shown, only two have had these statues made. I know the line must not do the same kind of Batman B&W sales but, I do like it and hope for more. Just prefer to see more classic artists represented. I'm pretty sure I would buy all 8 of the remaining artists listed.

10 Greatest SUPERMAN Artists of All Time | Newsarama.com

Just thought I would post this fun link. It's rather sad that out of the 10 Superman artists shown, only two have had these statues made. I know the line must not do the same kind of Batman B&W sales but, I do like it and hope for more. Just prefer to see more classic artists represented. I'm pretty sure I would buy all 8 of the remaining artists listed.

10 Greatest SUPERMAN Artists of All Time | Newsarama.com

I'm not sure I'd want to see any of the Golden and Silver Age artists with the metallic paint scheme. If you're in the market for a good Fleisher Supes, Cryptozoic is putting out a new one that's pretty dynamic. DC Direct also released simple maquettes of him and Lois that are nice, if not a bit expensive on the aftermarket. I'd love for Wayne Boring to get some representation in statue form, similar to the DC Chronicles line Tim Bruckner sculpted.

Yea I really like this line as well. I admittedly haven't bought every single one but I do have about 5 and currently waiting on the Romita Jr one to be released. But with CaptainT, that there should be more variation. We've gotten a lot of new52 style superman and would love to get versions/styles. My favorites currently are Animated Series and Darwyn Cooke

Back