Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
then safe to say Streaky as the EX?
:(

A while back someone claimed it had been confirmed (directly from a Sideshow source) that Streaky was not the EX. Honestly I don't know what to believe now.

It was quite a while ago, though. Maybe around second half of 2015?

Edit: I should add that I don't distrust whoever posted that Streaky was not the EX, it seemed legit at the time (its mentioned somewhere in this thread), but if Streaky is not the EX and there's no EX head.. Then what's the EX?

From what Mr. Green read, from a few pages back, whatever SSC change won't change much. Mr. Green will skip.

such a damn shame. supergirl is such an awesome character. she deserves so much more then this. sideshow should of put their best foot forward for this piece, instead they just tripped all over themselves.

Yea, I gave up on this piece. Supergirl does deserve better. Right now I don't like the body sculpt and portrait. If Batgirl, Poison Ivy ...and now ...Dark Phoenix and Captain Marvel can have kickass body and portrait sculpts, then Supergirl can have it too. I'll just wait for another Supergirl statue. I can wait....

I like this statue but I don't love it. And as many have said, the prices are to the point where you can no longer order with only a passing interest. Speaking of price, Aquaman was $430. GL was $450. And I assume SG will be under the new $500 plan because of her tardy release?

And it's been quite a delay. Other statues have been revealed much later than her and are already on preorder. Would a repaint take so long?? My suspicion - entirely gut feeling mind you - tells me this statue was made with a Dark Supergirl variant in mind. After all, the variant would only need an alternate portrait and arm. Perhaps SS is readying two statues instead of the one?

I would much rather hear the delay is for an alternate portrait. The PG statue gives us TWO awesome looks with her hair down and wafting up. Surely SG deserved the same treatment. And at a $500 tag I think two portraits isn't expecting the world.

I like this statue but I don't love it. And as many have said, the prices are to the point where you can no longer order with only a passing interest. Speaking of price, Aquaman was $430. GL was $450. And I assume SG will be under the new $500 plan because of her tardy release?

And it's been quite a delay. Other statues have been revealed much later than her and are already on preorder. Would a repaint take so long?? My suspicion - entirely gut feeling mind you - tells me this statue was made with a Dark Supergirl variant in mind. After all, the variant would only need an alternate portrait and arm. Perhaps SS is readying two statues instead of the one?

I would much rather hear the delay is for an alternate portrait. The PG statue gives us TWO awesome looks with her hair down and wafting up. Surely SG deserved the same treatment. And at a $500 tag I think two portraits isn't expecting the world.

I'm not sure a variant is on the way but as to your question about the repaint, it might take a bit. First they have to go back and agree on the color change in house, then do the actual repaint, then submit the repaint for approval and finally once approved paint and send a master paint sample to the production facility so they can produce a color match sample and show they can actually recreate it and give a quote for pricing on the production run.

All that could take months to get done. And if they were doing a variant, like you are suggesting and they did a color change the same process would apply if they changed the variant paint as well.

Didn't we first see this at Comic Con (in July of last year)? Really surprised there hasn't been a preorder yet.

I was hoping P1 could make a better piece. We'll see in due time.

Unreal that Captain Marvel turned out as beautifully as she did and Supergirl still looks like Alfred E. Newman's sister.

Yup, its a shame, really. Would've loved to get a Supergirl just as kickass as Captain Marvel. Fortunately, P1 could definitely make a kickass 1/4 Supergirl.

Back