Super7: New ReAction The Terminator figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the Alien and spacesuit Kane are wonderfully detailed. Also, like I said before, there was a huge jump in sculpting from 77 to 1985 between Star Wars and POTJ.

Sarah and Kyle are alright, but that Endo and Arnold's are a joke. There's no doubt in my mind that Kenner could have produced cooler looking figures for 1984. Nobody is expecting high detail but these look like they're made out of colorful playdoh.

a very easy pass for me, I waited years and years to have todays hot toys and neca sculpts, don't need these 80's looking junk back in my collection. but to each their own, if you like to be reminded how bad figures used to be.

I've worked out what's really jarring about them for me and it's the complete lack of texture on the clothing, there's no creases or folds. I think this is what gives them that "moulded out of plasticine" quality.

Everything is so flat and it's making them see almost like toys from an animated property (which is probably why the Nightmare before Xmas stuff looks a little better).

Sarah looks like Adam from Workaholics.

Reaction-Figures-Terminator-Sarah-Connor.jpg

Workaholics-Adam-Devine-004.jpg

I've worked out what's really jarring about them for me and it's the complete lack of texture on the clothing, there's no creases or folds. I think this is what gives them that "moulded out of plasticine" quality.

Everything is so flat and it's making them see almost like toys from an animated property (which is probably why the Nightmare before Xmas stuff looks a little better).
Someone on another forum I go to said that even Star Wars fans may not go for these, because they got some of the other nuanced details wrong, like keeping necks attached to the heads in some cases, and adding obvious stubble for Snake whereas Kenner Star Wars figures wouldn't have had it.

Yeah, the Alien and spacesuit Kane are wonderfully detailed. Also, like I said before, there was a huge jump in sculpting from 77 to 1985 between Star Wars and POTJ.

Sarah and Kyle are alright, but that Endo and Arnold's are a joke. There's no doubt in my mind that Kenner could have produced cooler looking figures for 1984. Nobody is expecting high detail but these look like they're made out of colorful playdoh.

I think I'd be pissed off if I got these in a Happy meal. :lol

Someone on another forum I go to said that even Star Wars fans may not go for these, because they got some of the other nuanced details wrong, like keeping necks attached to the heads in some cases, and adding obvious stubble for Snake whereas Kenner Star Wars figures wouldn't have had it.

Yea that's a huge problem for me, the heads seperate from the neck. I don't remember owning a single 80's or early 90s figure that was like that. That's also why Sarah looks better.

I'll give them this, the Tech Noir Terminator reminds me of the big headed Han Solo variant Figure.

$_35.JPG

I agree the Alien figures make sense. But now they are just running wild with strictly the style and nothing more. It's a shame as it looks like they are pumping out characters with little regard for any kind of quality. Grant you figures back in the late 70s and early 80s had their limitations, but these look even worse. It's the same with the Re-Mego figures. I may cherry pick through these figures and get characters like Rocketeer, Sam and Pinhead, but for the most part, I'm passing on these.

Don't care for these at all. And if you look at the discounts sellers are offering to get rid of the Alien ReAction line, it makes me think even those with their vintage appeal are not selling well. As such, I think these will bomb.

Don't care for these at all. And if you look at the discounts sellers are offering to get rid of the Alien ReAction line, it makes me think even those with their vintage appeal are not selling well. As such, I think these will bomb.

No surprise. Not everyone will understand why the **** these look so crap, they won't know that they are deliberately crap.

As much as I dislike these (mainly because super 7/funko equate old vintage to mean crap), if they made a running man line I would be all in

Back