Sunohc's sculpts and repaints and customs.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....my head sculpt was not as mass produced and I do intend to release it again for Korea and China/Taiwan customers soon.

Daniel - So does that mean that this will be available for us in the US to purchase who missed (sadly) the opportunity to buy it the first time around? :pray: I'd love to own one, but didn't know of your talents until after Tyler was sold out. I was eyeing that ebay auction before the hubub here, but frankly I'd much rather own an original SUNHOC sculpt than pay more for a modded, recast, frowned-upon one!

Hey guys, I can actually clear this up...

The seller of that head is actually who I sent my Tyler and Norton sculpts to for paint. He wanted to edit the lips and eyes on the sculpt before he painted it, which I said was alright. I wasn't happy with the results, so I asked them to change a few things.

Needless to say I was surprised when I saw the head for sale, as the pics were of my sculpt before he corrected some edits that I wasn't fond of. Here is my inquiry about the sale, and his response:

Myself:

Hey Joe, so what's the story behind this?

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Tyler-D...item563f1273d0

Did you end up purchasing another sculpt from someone? If it's a recast, that's kind of frowned upon :(

His reply:

Hey Dane,

Damn, I thought I told you I had to recast the head in order to redo the texturing on your tyler head. You actually have the recasted head and I'm selling the smoothed out original head (which is why this head has the bruis under ther right eye).

The only way I could redo the texturing on the face was to recast it as doing the holes in the skin was easier on the resin than with the putty I used to remod your original head (hope that makes sense). I have no intentions of profitting of this sculpt (otherwise, I would have recasted the ed norton head too).

-J

Sorry...how again is he not profiting from selling this sculpt for $112 on Ebay...:dunno

I don't know the guy, but I would watch his ebay listings about 6 months from now. It's my experience that when some one makes
a recast mold of your sculpt, weather they intend to or not, once
they see the money that can be made, they use it more than once.

Sorry Daniel, I've had this happen to my Selene & Milla. They
still sell recast of Selene on ebay and it's been 2 years since
the first recast showed up. As long as they can make money off
it, they'll keep selling it. For your sake, I hope this guy is different.

Sorry...how again is he not profiting from selling this sculpt for $112 on Ebay...:dunno

I don't know the guy, but I would watch his ebay listings about 6 months from now. It's my experience that when some one makes
a recast mold of your sculpt, weather they intend to or not, once
they see the money that can be made, they use it more than once.

Sorry Daniel, I've had this happen to my Selene & Milla. They
still sell recast of Selene on ebay and it's been 2 years since
the first recast showed up. As long as they can make money off
it, they'll keep selling it. For your sake, I hope this guy is different.

Well the listing was removed, so my guess is between mine and Daniel's inquiries about the sculpt he realized it was a no no. This was my first commission with him, but I get the sense that he was just trying to recoup something from the time he had to spend fixing the sculpt that I rejected. He had to recast it out of pocket and repaint the whole thing, after which he had the original sculpt which he didn't need, and unfortunate product of circumstance. I doubt he knew it would reach $112. I'm not saying don't keep an eye out, but I don't peg this guy for a mass recaster.

Well the listing was removed, so my guess is between mine and Daniel's inquiries about the sculpt he realized it was a no no. This was my first commission with him, but I get the sense that he was just trying to recoup something from the time he had to spend fixing the sculpt that I rejected. He had to recast it out of pocket and repaint the whole thing, after which he had the original sculpt which he didn't need, and unfortunate product of circumstance. I doubt he knew it would reach $112. I'm not saying don't keep an eye out, but I don't peg this guy for a mass recaster.

removed ?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&Category=2622&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=1

I don't think so :( , but anyways, let's hope this is the only one he'll sell because it is the "original" since you got the recast. I won't peg him as a mass recaster, unless another one of those sculpts shows up :/

removed ?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&Category=2622&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=1

I don't think so :( , but anyways, let's hope this is the only one he'll sell because it is the "original" since you got the recast. I won't peg him as a mass recaster, unless another one of those sculpts shows up :/

Oh weird, the fist link took me to a removed listing...Yea, if even one more shows up, we obviously have a problem. I'm confident though that this whole situation is the unexpected result of him trying to make sure I was happy with his work :( And I sincerely hope that's how it stays.

Hey Mike, yeah a lot of non-1:6 people who see my heads like the Hugh Dillon one for some reason (I think because of the expression since most of mine dont have one)
a lot are not displayed yet cause they're still in casting phase.

Regarding the modded Tyler Durden sculpt,
honestly, I didn't expect it to sell for any less than $100.
Most custom repaints cost $50-$100 and he did a pretty good job on it not to mention the mods were pretty good too lol.
I don't mind him selling off the original mod and I will take his word that more won't be popping up on ebay.

I may re-release them LookCloser,
but if it were the same Tyler Durden from Fight Club, I'd honestly rather try to sculpt him again lol but my schedule may not allow that so we'll see. Most likely if there is enough interest in korea and china again i could re-issue another mold for both.

Ike,
yeah recasters scared me out of sculpting public head sculpts for a couple years. I literally had people like Bionic-Joe and such buying my sculpts and I got worried and started only doing privates but at this point, most of my buyers are "repeat "loyalty" customers" and I don't have to worry as much about the recast market. Especially since Lonnie does an unmatchable job as casting.

Hey Daniel, did you see Johns first paint app on Van Zan?
This is only the first pic I got back from him. I
expect more in the next few days.

Check it out.

VZbattledamgedb.jpg

Recently here in a trade on the board this awesome head sculpt that I've wanted from Daniel for a few years now literally dropped into my lap. A board member offered it in trade for my HT Apollo Creed. Oh yeah...it was already custom painted by Les Walker too! The Obi-Wan Kenobi S.W. Ep. I "padawan" head sculpt by Daniel, with the braid, and painted by Les! Check out my pictures of it from tonight. A great board member, My Lord, sent it to me, and the outfit and body to make my own custom Ep. I Obi-Wan. An incredible trade I just could NOT pass up!

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan pictures...with my flash on...

DSC01227.jpg

DSC01228.jpg

DSC01226.jpg

DSC01225.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

I finally got your Obi-Wan head sculpt Daniel, and I LOVE it! I was so lucky to get it in a trade, and it was already painted by Les Walker too! I know I've asked you about it for a few years now. Now I have a custom "padawan" Obi-Wan Kenobi to stand alongside his master, Qui-Gon Jinn! Incredible work on the Obi-Wan sculpt. It looks just like the younger Ewan MacGregor from 1999 when Episode I was released! One of the very first head sculpts I wanted from you Daniel, and now I have it!

I have that headsculpt, good one ain't it! I like you got it from a board member, very lucky.

Hi Daniel

What time are you starting the Will Smith I am Legend pre-orders? I am in the UK and wanted to make sure I get an order in today. Cheers

Hi Daniel

What time are you starting the Will Smith I am Legend pre-orders? I am in the UK and wanted to make sure I get an order in today. Cheers

ooooh.
so I just told Chris (turdfurgenson) that I was gonna delay it,
but the truth is,
I have those heads, ready to ship right now LOL.

I just didn´t want only ONE HEAD type available to order, in case people wanted to combine with Die Hard 4 or the Se7en head.
Se7en head was supposed to be released with this, and the Men In Black combo will also be released later..

however, I see I am going back on my word, so

I will see what I can do and
maybe have the PreORDER start later today and maybe even have them ship out with the INCEPTION heads if people order before Sep 13th :) :)

I will have 7 dogs (with closed mouth) and 10 dogs (with open mouth= available to order with the heads as well :), first come first serve

ooooh.
so I just told Chris (turdfurgenson) that I was gonna delay it,
but the truth is,
I have those heads, ready to ship right now LOL.

I just didn´t want only ONE HEAD type available to order, in case people wanted to combine with Die Hard 4 or the Se7en head.
Se7en head was supposed to be released with this, and the Men In Black combo will also be released later..

however, I see I am going back on my word, so

I will see what I can do and
maybe have the PreORDER start later today and maybe even have them ship out with the INCEPTION heads if people order before Sep 13th :) :)

I will have 7 dogs (with closed mouth) and 10 dogs (with open mouth= available to order with the heads as well :), first come first serve

By dogs you mean Sam ? :pray: . How much would be sam ?

By dogs you mean Sam ? :pray: . How much would be sam ?

it´s just one of those 1/6 german shepherds (yes sam) that comes with other figures.
I got some in bulk and I can include them in the small flat rate priority box (i hope)
they will be $19.99 and must be combined with a sculpt

Back