Sun beds.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffy-collector

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got one of those sun bed thingy's one whats just for your face and I was wondering does any one know how long should use it before you start to notice it.

I've used it for three days and each day I've spent ten mins in front of it,when will I get tanned?

I know they can be dangerous but who cares if it gets you brown lol.

I was thinking of just sitting in front of it for like 60 mins,would that work?

Thanks

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl sorry BC I find this post very funny....being that I'm naturally tan, I don't have to deal with that kind of crap....weren't there any instructions with that thing? And don't you think you will look odd only having a tan face and nothing else?? :rotfl :rotfl

60 minutes, HELL NO, the lowest power tanning beds are like 10 - 15minute sessions. Some of the hight power ones are only a few minute sessions. I would say start with maybe 5 min then bump it up slowly.

No You see my face wont just be tanned,I use fake tan on my body,but when I use that on my face it comes out wrong but on my body its fine:rolleyes: So this will give me coulour to my face.The instructions were very brief.

I think I will just carry on using it for 10 min a day,see what happens.

I wont get skin cancer,its only same as sitting in sun aint it?

No you can get skin cancer, you run just as much risk getting it as you do sunbathing.

Yes so I might as well go on the beds as its just as bad as the sun any way,but I carnt really go in the sun because of time,weather ect so might as well use that in my home lol.

That's exactly why I think you have a higher chance of getting skin cancer from tanning beds.

you can do it more frequently and for longer periods, etc.

buffy-collector said:
...I wont get skin cancer,its only same as sitting in sun aint it?

What do you think is the leading cause of skin cancer? Exposure to the sun! I worked outdoors for 15 years (and I used sunscreen most every day) before coming into the office 11 years ago. About two years ago, I developed skin cancer on the backs of my hands, which fortunately was benign, but still required removal with a chemo medication; it wasn't fun. I have to get a checkup each year now and will probably have to for the rest of my life. I would avoid sun exposure and tanning if I were you, and if you do go out in the sun, wear sunscreen for your own protection. You won't listen of course because you're young and think it won't happen to you...

buffy-collector said:
No You see my face wont just be tanned,I use fake tan on my body,but when I use that on my face it comes out wrong but on my body its fine:rolleyes: So this will give me coulour to my face.The instructions were very brief.

I think I will just carry on using it for 10 min a day,see what happens.

I wont get skin cancer,its only same as sitting in sun aint it?
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Seems dangerous...cancer is painful. Be careful.

lcummins said:
What do you think is the leading cause of skin cancer? Exposure to the sun! I worked outdoors for 15 years (and I used sunscreen most every day) before coming into the office 11 years ago. About two years ago, I developed skin cancer on the backs of my hands, which fortunately was benign, but still required removal with a chemo medication; it wasn't fun. I have to get a checkup each year now and will probably have to for the rest of my life. I would avoid sun exposure and tanning if I were you, and if you do go out in the sun, wear sunscreen for your own protection. You won't listen of course because you're young and think it won't happen to you...
Words of wisdom. Thank you Lonnie for sharing your story. It is very important to protect yourself from the sun. I don't understand tanning beds and just laying out. Who cares how brown you are?! Isn't your health more important?

The ill Jedi said:
I have a built in year-round tan, it's called being Mexican!! :chew

I'm mixed and year round tans are, I don't know, the COOLEST!!!

Hey, tans look great....on women.
Especially tan lines, but that is just this my opinion.

If you're a guy I would stay away from tanning beds altogether, even if it is just for your face. That stuff ages your skin and causes wrinkles.

If you want to look pretty, just use makeup. :)

I only went to a tanning bed salon for 4-5 months and it was for last year, because I was in a body building competition, which by the way saw me advance to Provincials!!! I needed the tan because under those bright lights a lot of definition is loss, so we pretty much have to get as dark brown as possible. Thus making us all look orange under those lights, but it was enough were people could see all the detail from muscle definition, to striations in the muscle. Enter, three layers of dream tan or this other crap I got.. pretty much paint your body with the stuff or spray it on if it's dream tan.

Anyway, basically what I was told to do, was start out at 5-6 minutes or was it 8? This was 14-15 months ago. So my memory is a bit off. Which saw me go up a minute with every few sessions to the point I was at 17 minutes into my 4th month. I also only went a few times per week. You never want to expose yourself to 60 minutes. It doesn't work that way, unless you wanna have your skin coming out like KFC style. Plus they got me to wear this tanning cream, that while helped to darken my skin, also protected it as well.

Always need to wear proper skin protection, even if you're fake baking.

"Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)"

and if your health is not important, you will wrinkle a lot sooner...

That is why I didn't continue tanning after the show. Well, not as frequently. I don't want to get addicted to tanning as it's definitely not anti-aging.

I just try not to be in the sun, vampire style. It ruins my tats and my skin, plus I'm white as cream an get burnt to a crisp, regardless of amounts of sunscreen I use.

Back