Premium Format Suicide Squad Joker Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious now, I want to hear this story.

:monkey3

/threadjack: I have a very expensive lady [resin ball-jointed doll] who had an expensive "gold leaf"-looking corset. It wasn't ACTUALLY gold leafed, it was coated with a lookalike plastic coating. Anyhoo, recently I was dusting and rearranging the ladies and I took off the corset because I wanted to make sure the resin underneath wasn't discolored. [Unpainted resin is horrible for soaking up any color you put on it...even if its Dull-Coted.]

I took it off her and bits of "gold" dropped off like rain. It lost at least 50% of the gold coating, just by removing it. I freaking nearly cried! As the underlying fabric is undamaged, I will most likely remove every bit of that flaking gold and try a gold fabric paint instead. Got nothing to lose.

My point here is that unless you live in a magic dust-free house, all these statues are going to need dusting/minimal handling and I'd really prefer to NOT have to [maybe] endure the upset of Joker's beautiful coat falling to pieces one day. Yet I really like him! Decisions. /end threadjack

Back