Suggestions for Re-Energzing the Star Wars 1/6th Scale Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is it with people saying Hot Toys is better then Sideshow and Sideshow should hand over the Star Wars license to Hot Toys...
Isn't this a Sideshow fan forum??? :dunno :gah:

It's utter lameness that for some reason has been continually permitted in all it's douchyness. It's not like people don't know that HT, in most cases, is the king of 1:6 either. At this point, it's just shameless pole squatting on behalf of fanboys the world over. They often make that statement without acknowledging HT's current QC issues and inability to maintain a license that big with their limited resources, thinking simply, it would be an instantaneous change with no ramifications.

If you really want to reenergize the Star Wars line in the minds of the collectors they just simply have to release the Emperor and his throne. These boards will go ape____ after that.

If you really want to reenergize the Star Wars line in the minds of the collectors they just simply have to release the Emperor and his throne. These boards will go ape____ after that.

Well that's already happening, so...

:chew :chew :chew

They often make that statement without acknowledging HT's current QC issues and inability to maintain a license that big with their limited resources, thinking simply, it would be an instantaneous change with no ramifications.

Bingo! HT, or any other company for that matter, would never provide the breadth and depth of SW characters that Sideshow has given collectors.

:lecture

HT would make Vader and Luke and then drop the line.

Doubt it. They'd make Luke, ESB Vader, ROTS Vader, and a leaky ROTJ reveal DX Vader with a crooked dome and then drop the line in an effort to ignore complaints from the thousands of shafted fans who dropped $$$ on their faulty product and then whitewash the whole thing by posting pics of upcoming Iron Man 3 figures so that the IM fans could douchily berate those with legitimate complaints.

Well that's already happening, so...

:chew :chew :chew

And I went ape____ :lol, and when I actually get him in my hands to photograph and enjoy, I'll really go crazy :rock

I didn't mean make it, I meant physically release it. The second those start appearing in collector's hands all will be well.

You've been around here longer than I have which is more than long enough to know they'll find something like inaccuracies in the Ex Emperor head's teeth sculpts, or the cane's wood pattern being completely wrong, nails painted the wrong color, etc... :lol

Most of that comes before. While its initially released everyone is in a blissful ether unless there is a real bad one (Yavin Luke anyone?) and after there is "Here is how they should have done it" and "Here is what I'm doing to fix it" posts. Its a wave.

Most of that comes before. While its initially released everyone is in a blissful ether unless there is a real bad one (Yavin Luke anyone?) and after there is "Here is how they should have done it" and "Here is what I'm doing to fix it" posts. Its a wave.

Not unlike torrential diarrhea. :monkey1

I'm sure the throne will be a source for complaining, probably more than the Emperor himself, but I think the pleased postings will overshadow the let down ones with Palaptine.

Paint apps could be a little better on the human figures. I'm not expecting HT quality, but something a little closer to preproduction pics would be nice. But I wouldn't start a thread about it.

I agree with you , and maybe make new bases , Many things can get improved, i agree in paying more for a better product .

:goodpost:Best thread started since a while!

Have not quite read the thread yet.

I would always imagine 1/6th playsets with environments and more accessories would generate interest... much like a blown up version of the kenner action-figures collection that we played with as kids.:drool

... I know too that that did be taking up space.:(

Just, keep getting Trevor to do great head sculpts, and sell them with decent paint jobs. To the cost of the figure, you have to add the cost of a Truetype and a repaint - I don't believe they'll ever make a Pro where the joints aren't loose, so at least supply a head that doesn't need repainting.

But it starts with the head sculpt, get that right and everything else follows.

EDIT - I'd like to see a vintage collection line, putting already released figures like Tatooine Luke in Kenner boxes with new improved head sculpts or better paint jobs..

Back