• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Suggestions for feedback thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That could be a good thing to list at the top of the Feedback thread... to at least label if the person was a buyer or seller.

Sure not everyone is going to do it, but it would probably help. I think Nash's words of wisdom are on the money, do some fact checking and if a deal seems to good to be true then be even more careful.

I know I recently bought a figure from someone (on a different board) and knowingly took a risk on that "too good to be true deal". It worked out, but in that case I was prepared to potentially be screwed. I did switch my Paypal transaction to be a credit Card one as you have more protection from the card companies.

Also; if you don't know someone a Money Order is a bad idea, as a buyer you have no protection if its a scam.

My humble suggestions -

Create an entire bad trader/questionable trader/bad ebayer subforum ( in between "Want To Buy/Trade" and "Sideshow For Auction" sections)

Make it accessible by anyone on site, registered or not, logged in or not, able to post in the trade areas or not. Any item not received within 20 days of payment is automatically eligible to have the seller placed in the section by the buyer until the issue is resolved.

It would be more visible and it would self sustaining and self regulating. Individual threads can be updated as needed, people can get a flow of information for context, sustained patterns of behavior are easier to elicit and it's harder for threads about individuals to disappear.

Create a tougher barrier to view and post in WTB/WTT areas ( i.e. like 250 or 300 posts) This is the area of the commerce section that is mostly likely to attract a hit and run artist.

Require anything individually sold on site in any list at and over the amount of 500 dollars to have a digital photo taken of it with a piece of paper in front of the item with the posting. Written on the paper would be the members user name on SSF with the current date of posting. Any post not containing this will be deleted. Given the nature of Premium Formats and 1/1 and 1/2 and large scale, this would reduce large scale theft. Any selling an item of this amount is required to keep documentation of shipment, i.e. the shipping receipt/tracking/delivery confirmation. Refusal to surrender proof of shipment to a SSF admin/moderator upon their request is grounds for a full lifetime ban via username and IP.

Require every seller to provide for and charge for delivery confirmation for the sale of any individual item at or over 100 dollars. This would help everyone determine if items were shipped or not, clearing up some issues of he said/she said.

The same thieves will hit again and again, over time, waiting patient, scoring on fresh meat as long as they believe the system in place can be exploited. No offense.

My suggestions only obviously, nothing implied, nothing inferred,

Gekko

Great suggestions Gekko. I will see that Dave reads this and find out what can be implemented. Dave posted this in the Bronxbeast thread:

We are evaluating an update to the feedback process going forward. Unfortunately re-doing what has gone before isn't practical.

I am sure some better type of system can be put in place.

Jen

Well what are ya gonna do...force people to be extra descriptive in their feedback posts? impossible....some people don't even bother to leave feedback, what about them? :p

I say, use your INITIATIVE and common sense. is the person an "active" member? Or does he/she only appear once in a blue moon to sell or buy something? Or do they mainly lurk? What is their post count, and how many posts per day? are they established on other forums or communities in good standing? etc, etc, etc. All big boy and big girl responsibility stuff. :)

Seems like a lot of work, but hey, it's your money....if that's too much work for the peace of mind and good judgment when dealing with your money then what can ya do?

:lecture

Buyer beware and dont be lazy.

Back