Suggestions for a Riddler custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdwardNashton1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm thinking of making a Riddler custom, since he won't be in Batman 3. I want it to fit in with the Nolan figures, but I need suggestions on the following:

1. Headsculpt/Actor's likeness (not interested in David Tennant)
2. Clothes
3. Where I can find a hat and cane (maybe I can make the cane)

Besides being too similar to the games Joker played in TDK, this is the other reason Nolan steered away from Riddler: not a very interesting outfit to update.

I'm sure Nolan would lose the derby and crazy cane. Maybe a green suit, but very dark green, like the Matrix agents of the first film. But in the end, it would have been the actor who would have brought Riddler to life...because he's got no real 'image' that would translate into a cool modern look.

Maybe if he had a busted or lame leg, walked with a limp, and needed a cane...maybe then he could have a personalize cane of some kind.

He'd use dark green for sure, but still there might be a question mark somewhere, even in a Nolan design. Maybe a gold lapel or tie pin. Something. Keep it simple, but obvious that is has to be the Riddler. I think a hat is ok. He needs some quirk. Even the Scarecrow kept the mask. Riddler would have something odd. More than just the question mark. Or maybe the pin on a hat. Somewhere. I think a bowler could work still in Nolan's world. But yeah, be careful with any canes.
Try a Black bowler and pants, dark but still visibly green jacket, shoes and tie. Black shirt. Gold pin. Simple. Clean too. Not grimey or dirty. Effete.
Not sure who to suggest for a casting though. Someone thin and tall would be right though.

As far as question marks go, I would put one on a Bowler Hat, and one on a tie.

And for his cane, I am thinking it would just be a straight black stick with an emerald at the top.

And call me crazy, but I think it would be cool if the Riddler has a sword in his cane, kind of like Lucius Malfoy.

As far as question marks go, I would put one on a Bowler Hat, and one on a tie.

And for his cane, I am thinking it would just be a straight black stick with an emerald at the top.

And call me crazy, but I think it would be cool if the Riddler has a sword in his cane, kind of like Lucius Malfoy.

You watching the same movies I am? Malfoy has no sword. Its just a stupid wand :lol

Really, the Batman the Animated series Riddler is about as realistic as you can get outfit wise. Just not sure if a Nolan Riddler would have a mask or not.

And really the only way they could have made the Riddler more interesting/different from the Joker would to have been to make him like Jigsaw from the Saw series (making traps with riddles for people to solve).

* I don't really find the Joker interesting, he's definitely pretty cool, but I've never seen him as interesting.

*It would be pretty dumb for the Riddler to walk around without a mask to conceal who he is imo.

*He already does make traps as seen in the Animated Series, but not on the level of traps that would likely be made by him in the Nolanverse of course.

*You're right, it is a wand. I forgot.....lol

But I still think it would be cool if the Riddler's cane had a sword in it for defense purposes, as well as a gun.

A sword/1-shot gun would be more up the Penguin's alley. Both of those could be done in a large umbrella.

In Nolan's universe, I'd see the Riddler as a mysterious terrorist and nobody knows who he is. So he really wouldn't need a mask if nobody knows who he is. The biggest part of the story would be figuring out who exactly the Riddler is.

And like I said, some of the Saw traps could be the kind of thing a Nolan Riddler would do. Solve his riddle and save your life by escaping the trap. Don't and die a horrific death.

I think a black suit with green pin stripes or a very dark green suit (double breasted) with a bright green or pale purple shirt with a question mark tie pin. some nice black shoes and a black hat with a green question mark. If you make him almost elegant, I think it would work. I was thinking a masquerade mask thats green or black.

get the Arthur head from inception.

Alright guys, these are some pretty cool suggestions.

Here's what I plan to do for the outfit, let me know what you think.

I will use the coat from this suit and die it green (though I'm not sure if you can dye something black into something green...)

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200524375437&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And for the pants I will either use the ones from that suit^
or I was thinking of taking some DX Joker pants, dying them black, and somehow making the pinstripes green.

And for shoes, I'm thinking of getting some dress shoes painted green, or using these ones.

https://cgi.ebay.com/TC42-03-1-6-Di...585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b2cc89f9

Lee Bermejo did a re-imagining of the Riddler's look for the Joker TPB that is a bit more Nolanverse than his traditional getup, can't say I liked it that much though:
jokerhc081.jpg

You should have gotten in on the Alex DeLarge custom pieces and used the hat and cane from that.

Would be perfect.

Back