Suggestion to Sideshow- Do animated SW stuff, leave the movie stuff to HT's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LipSmack

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I am not intending to put sideshow down in anyway, but it is now clear that they cannot compete with Hot toys on the movie licenses. I suggest Sideshow strongly consider sticking with the Animated series stuff they really Nail (clone wars and possibly Rebels and Video game)

this could do a couple things for them. They could ditch the obviously expensive movie license fees for the more affordable animated stuff (Im only assuming its less because theres no actor/voice actor rights involved). they could continue bringing the realism to animated stuff like theyve done somewhat beautifully with the clone wars series and continue with a rebels series (show is gaining popularity and features known characters) and they could fudge in some much needed "redos/updates" by basing them off their animated counterparts...

as for movie stuff, Sideshow prices are soaring and the quality is no where near Hot toys, I imagine SS is aiming for it but they are missing the mark and eventually people will just wait for Hot toys to do something. SS does great Troops and realistic interpretations

these are just my thoughts, I know nothing of Sideshows profits/loses or anything in relation, just basing off my own observations and things I see brought up in multiple threads

p.s. Sideshow please make a clone wars plo koon :D

Back