Suggestion for Darth Mauls sith probes expansion (SIDESHOW PLEASE READ!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for some industrious young lad to make alternative support rods for the figures... maybe even out of something pre-existing. But I agree the rods are pretty bad looking... but I can't really talk since I've decided against picking these up.

Darth Kustomizer said:
The support rods just don't bother me at all. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Its a toy for gods sake.

Yeah, me neither. I might change my mind once I have them in hand, but right now they don't bother me anymore than the wires in the figure stands we get with out figures.

I bet you could put a strong fan under the base that would keep the droids floating.

The rods dont bother me plus sometimes plastic yellows and this wouldn't make me happy and before you say it, I don't smoke so that's not the reason :maul

LordAzrael said:
Shame Scotty didn't drop off the formula for transparisteel to Sideshow when he came back with Kirk to get that stupid whale. :emperor
It was transparent aluminum!!!
And yes, we could all just paint the support rods, but, as I've said on several other occasions, WE SHOULDN"T HAVE TO!!!!!!
If they're taking the time to produce these wonderful pieces, they should be done without needing ANY touchup, repaint, or kitbashing.

Ironman1188 said:
It was transparent aluminum!!!
And yes, we could all just paint the support rods, but, as I've said on several other occasions, WE SHOULDN"T HAVE TO!!!!!!
If they're taking the time to produce these wonderful pieces, they should be done without needing ANY touchup, repaint, or kitbashing.

You know, it's funny. If there's nothing to fix, I feel a bit let down. Like Anakin. I thought, "WOW! THis is a great figure! He just need new lipstick, some help with that arm, and a bit of costume adjustment!!" For me, the fixing is part of the fun. My wife says,"But you paid all hat money for it, and now you're painting it?!" And I say," added play value, sweetheart."

Customikey said:
You know, it's funny. If there's nothing to fix, I feel a bit let down. Like Anakin. I thought, "WOW! THis is a great figure! He just need new lipstick, some help with that arm, and a bit of costume adjustment!!" For me, the fixing is part of the fun. My wife says,"But you paid all hat money for it, and now you're painting it?!" And I say," added play value, sweetheart."

I agree that, occasionally, its fun to touch up a figure. But....not EVERY one. I only have 2 of the Star Wars so far and I've had to switch bodies on Luke and do some "surgery" on Anakin for his arm to stay on. Bear in mind, we're not all as talented as you so the constant "fixes" can get quite annoying.

Ironman1188 said:
I agree that, occasionally, its fun to touch up a figure. But....not EVERY one. I only have 2 of the Star Wars so far and I've had to switch bodies on Luke and do some "surgery" on Anakin for his arm to stay on. Bear in mind, we're not all as talented as you so the constant "fixes" can get quite annoying.

I don't remember saying you were as talented as me....:rolleyes:

But seriously, I know fixing constantly can create a lot of headaches for the generally non-customizing collector. I'm just saying that I enjoy it. That's all.

Byt the way, what did you do to Anakin's arm? I built up the peg with superglue. I'm considering using superstrong tiny magnets, though.

Customikey said:
I don't remember saying you were as talented as me....:rolleyes:

But seriously, I know fixing constantly can create a lot of headaches for the generally non-customizing collector. I'm just saying that I enjoy it. That's all.

Byt the way, what did you do to Anakin's arm? I built up the peg with superglue. I'm considering using superstrong tiny magnets, though.

I wrapped it with teflon tape and shoved it home. :emperor

Back