Statue Sucker Punch 1/4 Scale Statues by Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geez... what a price hike! If I can get my hands on Sweet Pea and Rocket, then I will most likely get Blondie to complete the set....

Now, who is gonna order the German Zombie at $300?

It's a bit disappointing that it's this much more but i paid more for my baby doll in the lottery so whatevs...ordered! I did get the pgm discount so $30 off...i'm fine with it. blondie ftw!!!

They're charging Sideshow prices now..what can you do? :dunno

Well, I'm excited she's up, and I'm going to order her and I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, but jeezus! :gah:

I can understand hiking the price for the Samurai or the Bunny Mech, but every other girl has been $250, and it's very odd that Blondie is the only one who got jacked up by $50.

Well, I'm excited she's up, and I'm going to order her and I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, but jeezus! :gah:

I can understand hiking the price for the Samurai or the Bunny Mech, but every other girl has been $250, and it's very odd that Blondie is the only one who got jacked up by $50.

this is the same as any piece that sideshow has released in series, ie x-men PFs. as they go, they realize they can jack the price since people will want to complete the series. also, next to baby doll, blondie is prob 2nd in popularity so even more reason to cash in. its a financial decision...doesn't surprise me. it could be worse, it could be a PF type price of $350.

Sideshow is charging these prices for inferior statues so GG allowed themselves to charge 50$ extra...The prices are out of control but what can you do...Lady statue lovers need their fix :(

Yeah, I see your guys points completely. Like I said, I'm still getting her, but it's kinda a crappy situation.

Oh well, I'm glad I didn't PO Baroness now. I like the Sucker Punch girls way more than any of the Sideshow pieces I have on order (except Joker and Vampirella).

Yay! I got to use the 10% off coupon before my Babydoll lottery club joining went to waste!

Ordered along with the other two girls. I can't wait to see them all together. The price hike though...ouchies. I am betting it is caused by degree of difficulty (with the fringe on her arms) plus the popularity of the line.

Okay the German Nazi Trooper is definitely not worth $300 because compared to the girls, its lacking in detail. Blondie will probably be the last statue I buy from GG.

With the shipping and custom this thing would have ended up costing you 500$ :monkey4 WTF...For those kind of prices you might as well go for ARH's giant sized Greek Mythology Masterpieces such as Athena, Medusa and Ares..500$ for a barbie doll based on a crappy movie..Huge pass for me..:nono

Well its more like $385 shipped with customs & fees....

Yeah nearly 400$ for a chubby butch looking barbie doll from a C movie..Pure insanity if you want my opinion..Look at what ARH is offering for these kind of prices :chug

ummm Arhs prices are pretty high too bro? :nono:wink1:

I think a year from now..... my statue collecting will be very limited. Can nolonger afford this hobby.... :eek:

ummm Arhs prices are pretty high too bro? :nono:wink1:

I think a year from now..... my statue collecting will be very limited. Can nolonger afford this hobby.... :eek:

Same here! 2012 is a big year for my pre-orders, but I think after that, I will really, really be limiting what I buy.

If they're $300-350 this year, they'll be $375-400 next year, all the while they get sloppier and the QC gets worse. (more referring to Sideshow, and not GG)

Back