Success in Iraq

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hate you Mesa.... Why did you have to post that heavily one sided and slightly BLIND video again? As a veteran, it makes me want to disembowel myself with a broken stick.

I respect the man's decision, but he is ignoring the facts... I posted this before, but got no response... So I will post it again. Please pay attention this time, it's not hard.

DA. I respect your opion/viewpoint. Here's mine:

I work with ex military. they have served tours in Iraq for Army/Marines. Thats why we/I hire them. Their expertise in communications. from personal discussions, they feel very strongly about the purpose they served while touring in Iraq. Unlike you. They think their time was spent for the greater good. Were they loved everywhere? No. But overall, they felt their purpose was good and just. The ajority of the Iraqi public support the aid the US provides, but you wont see it in the news.

I'm sorry man, I know my comments are blatant and to the point, but this is something I feel VERY strongly about.

And they were on the ground. After you mentioning that you were spit on for being an American, I asked my co-worker about that. I asked him, "were you ever spit on for being an American?" His answer, "not while serving on duty. Sometimes when we got leave on shore, and some soldiers got drunk on leave, there were idiots that made asses of themselves. but on tour, we were always respectful of the Iraqi culture and religion. There were rules and restrictions in place to not offend the Muslim culture." I don't know if it matters, but said co-worker is now studying the Koran. I don't know why, it has me puzzled.

So Josh, while you were serving in the military, in the Navy, how many times did you encounter the local people? Were they allowed on the boat you were stationed on? It just has me wondering that your viewpoint is so different from what I'm hearing form many others that have also served our military proud.

mccain_wow.jpg

Really... is this thread necessary? Isn't there a port in the storm where this would be more appropriate :lol

I thought the thread was very relevant. Where else are you going to hear about the miliary success? Certainly not CNN.

And regardless of whether you agree with me or not, I've kept it civil.

MODS, please deleate inappropriate posts rahter than shutting down entire thread.

I think my initial intent in meaningful and patriotic.

From what I understand Iraq is no longer a War and hasn't been for many months. It's more of a Security Management Operation now.

I believe 13 of 18 provinces have now been turned over to Iraqi Forces. US has even "picked up the tent" on Anbar, which was the chosen Province Al Qaeda wanted to establish as their Capital.

Anyway, not getting Political here, just saying there is no "Iraq War" anymore.

DA. I respect your opion/viewpoint. Here's mine:

I work with ex military. they have served tours in Iraq for Army/Marines. Thats why we/I hire them. Their expertise in communications. from personal discussions, they feel very strongly about the purpose they served while touring in Iraq. Unlike you. They think their time was spent for the greater good. Were they loved everywhere? No. But overall, they felt their purpose was good and just. The ajority of the Iraqi public support the aid the US provides, but you wont see it in the news.

I'm sorry man, I know my comments are blatant and to the point, but this is something I feel VERY strongly about.

And they were on the ground. After you mentioning that you were spit on for being an American, I asked my co-worker about that. I asked him, "were you ever spit on for being an American?" His answer, "not while serving on duty. Sometimes when we got leave on shore, and some soldiers got drunk on leave, there were idiots that made asses of themselves. but on tour, we were always respectful of the Iraqi culture and religion. There were rules and restrictions in place to not offend the Muslim culture." I don't know if it matters, but said co-worker is now studying the Koran. I don't know why, it has me puzzled.

So Josh, while you were serving in the military, in the Navy, how many times did you encounter the local people? Were they allowed on the boat you were stationed on? It just has me wondering that your viewpoint is so different from what I'm hearing form many others that have also served our military proud.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... I'm not saying that the guys on the ground are not doing good work, or that they served no purpose. What I am saying is that the reasons for going were skewed from the get go and it is time for a strategic withdrawal.

Now, there are rules to be kind to the cultures when you are on leave or in port... Which we followed. I never went on the ground in Iraq itself, I was spit on in Hong Kong... yes.. for being American. Not for anything I did myself. Nobody is allowed on the boat, but we made port in many countries during my time in and I had many talks with foreign people about America and what they thought about what we have become. It was apparent that the response was overwhelmingly negative.

Now another thing to realize bro, is that many military men...especially Army and Marines.. are Repubs, hard core Repubs. This changes how they view things from the start and how they feel about this election...

From what I understand Iraq is no longer a War and hasn't been for many months. It's more of a Security Management Operation now.

I believe 13 of 18 provinces have now been turned over to Iraqi Forces. US has even "picked up the tent" on Anbar, which was the chosen Province Al Qaeda wanted to establish as their Capital.

Anyway, not getting Political here, just saying there is no Iraq War anymore.

YES!!! exactly. we are now in an exit strategy.. but that isn't published anywhere. CNN/MSNBC doesn't want to hear that success story, so the masses don't want to listen to it.

Paul is right on... there is no Iraq war anymore.. But I don't believe that things will remain stable in the region. Once we have left, given a few years.. things will revert back to their previous state eventually.

My main point is that we cannot put our men and women at risk for sketchy evidence anymore, and we cannot afford to make rash decisions about invading another country... I just feel strongly about that, I'm sorry if I do.

Paul is right on... there is no Iraq war anymore.. But I don't believe that things will remain stable in the region. Once we have left, given a few years.. things will revert back to their previous state eventually.

My main point is that we cannot put our men and women at risk for sketchy evidence anymore, and we cannot afford to make rash decisions about invading another country... I just feel strongly about that, I'm sorry if I do.

Nothing to feel sorry about Josh. I think a lot of people feel exactly the same way.

you're damn right. and if mcain is president i guarantee we'll be invading N. Korea or Iran within 5 years. i promise. we'll be in another mess. only a bigger one.

Do I need to go back and rehash the reasons for us goinf to war in Iraq? WMOD beside, there were many other reasons to prevent tyrant from gassing his own people, torturing his own people, torturing his own people....

If you insist, I will provide the evidence.

Lest us forget, Saddam Hussein was the next Hitler.

Frankly Mesa I too am getting tired of seeing this stuff.

Thread locked. This thread is going nowhere but down. But while I am posting I would like to point out that perhaps before a person seeks to open someone else's eyes or presume to make them actually think :)cuss) perhaps they should look no further than the dictionary and look up "self righteous"...

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back