Success!! A collectables and women story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually women are the pioneers of collecting.

I think the difficult thing is not finding a woman into 'collecting' per se but a woman sufficiently into scifi/fantasy/superheroes. We do exist though.

quoted for truth. :lecture

i used to go out with this girl who was actually very encouraging of my collecting "habit". she would provide her own comments and opinions abt 1/6 figures, comiquettes, PFs, etc. and she would also be the voice of reason when she felt i was eyeing something that i actually didn't really want. so in that sense she was great.

she even got into collecting herself, but only "girly" stuff like rement. to be honest, i genuinely dug her collection of miniature food & household replicas. i could appreciate the amazing detail in such a tiny scale (the stuff was abt 1/7 scale). the craftmanship and paint apps were excellent and the foodstuff looked good enough to eat! :D

check out the pics. rement is a japanese company that specializes in this sorta thing...

My girl is responsible for my collecting habits. She took me to a comic con and bought me a Spawn Reborn series 3 redeemer and it was over for me. She has paid for a few of my current hot toys arrivals because I was short on cash a few times. Sometimes, you just get lucky dude.

My statues actually help me gets women...When I told them how much I pay for them, they think i'm rich and they suddenly open their legs...:horror

Good for you. Just make sure you show her your appreciation.

I found that a good woman will always support your collecting habits as long as you show her how much you appreciate her.

Good luck at the Uni as well.

my husb got me into collecting and introduced me to this board. In the past I didnt see the point in the collecting or customizing. now I cant imagine my life without collecting I've even started to customize, something I didnt think I'd ever do. I love this hobby and I love my collection. :D:D

*is a girl despite the name*

I started getting into collecting because of my fiance (Husker75 on here). I collected random NECA stuff and had all my vintage Star Wars junk, but never really collected anything in particular. He got my a little more...focused on collecting, I guess. I buy what I like, love SS's The Dead line, but other than that no specific lines (except for HT Watchmen when they all come out :D).

I'm a very supportive collector. I got him started with the Sideshow Star Wars line (which he initially wasn't going to get into) when I bought like 5 of them for him for Christmas. Bought him HT Dallas and Kane, Medi Alien for birthday...holiday and birthday gifts are pretty much all Sideshow and HT now. lol.

:lol

I'm sort of a collector, my boyfriend was into it a bit and we started getting stuff. We downsize consistently though because he'll find new pieces he wants and as will I. Right now I don't really have anything, most is his (but he doesn't have much either, lol) Also a lot of stuff I will buy is for my nephew, he is into it a lot - but more so the action figures and stuff like that, not the high end stuff (Hot Toys and more $$) So I enjoy that hobby with him.

I'm just waiting to get a Hot Toys Silken Floss & Silk Spectre. ;)

Oh and my boyfriend is trying to get into the MOTUC collection (he promised to not get too crazy) so I'm totally going to make him get me an Adora :lol

She's actually encouraging me to collect and as i recently left my job to go back to Uni come october....she's actually going to be funding my collection too!! I've even got her to start a little collection

I command you to marry this woman :lecture ...right now :lol

8394.gif

:lol bless ya sweetie you always make me laugh :D

I command you to marry this woman :lecture ...right now :lol

The Slug has spoken let it be so.

my girlfriend is very supportive and she even went to Comic Con on Wednesday - i wasn't working there till Thursday so she definately got the bug. She's still not as hardcore as i am but she is always on the lookout for stuff i would be into.

Funny sotry, i told her that i want a velvet painting of a black woman with an afro and she has been scouring the internet trying to find me one, no luck yet she's come close but no cigar.

My statues actually help me gets women...When I told them how much I pay for them, they think i'm rich and they suddenly open their legs...:horror
Shai, the last pictures of your's that you posted showed your shelves were pretty bare! You're not trading favors with those ladies are you? :D

My husband and I both collect. We both share a great love of nerdly things-first met when he was dressed as Vader for Return of the Jedi, first met face to face when I was playing D&D with one of his best friends and spent a summer working on building his first Batmobile.

So, 22 years of marriage and an army of 1:6 figures and other small goodies later, we're still golden. I'm going with him to GenCon this weekend-he's doing a filmmaking panel and I'm trooping with my Rebel Legion base.
Nerdly women do exist- just keep your eyes open for us, don't treat us in the stereotypical nerds-around-girls manner, and look for an opportunity to chat about common interests. You may find one of us where you least expect it. :)

(And yes, Re-Ment sets *are* awesome. If you like modern-day dioramas, there's amazing potential in them.)

Last edited:
Sometimes it works both ways... You could say I have a lot of tomboy hobbies and interests, yet most of the guys I meet aren't into the same things, wierd! Maybe it's just Toronto lol!
Too bad I'm the only one to enjoy my collection though :rolleyes:

there are girls out there that don't mind it or actually like it. an ex of mine actually got me into collecting when I saw some stuff I liked and she bought it for me as a gift. she was really into science fiction and horror stuff, one of those girls that LOVED halloween. there were two sisters I knew that actually got me into anime and I'd only see them a few times a year, but when we met up, we'd talk about that stuff, anime, fantasy movies and stuff like that, but they were off limits to me, cousins of a friend.

Back