Styrofoam boards for dioramas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gogul1

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm currently makng dioramas for my detolf shelves and I'm interested in using styrofoam boards for some of the backgrounds (brickworks etc) based in the UK I've been looking online at several different types etc
Am interested in what you guys have used previously. Does insulation board from a DIY shop work well for you or do you managed to piece together scrap items to do your work? Just wondering what options there are that work well. I looked on eBay but you can't get a decent quantity for a good price so looking at other sources other than blue modelling foam. I'm based in the UK so if you are also a brit what stores do you use to get yours etc
5fe6db62ef9196eabbcf267f70b1e7f2.jpg

Send a PM to Craig Walker here on the forum. He can give you some tips. Have you seen his Avengers diorama? Completely home built. It's awesome.
Ryan

You do not want the stuff like a cheap ice chest, that flakes off in pebbles. You want the dense stuff that has tiny pores in it.

Back