Stupid question, but . . . is Sideshow going to produce C3PO & R2D2 in 1:6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least Hot Toys has maintained their $120-$150 price point and is still ramping up quality and innovation which each release.

It wasn't that long ago Hot Toys was $85-$110 ;) Heck, the HT Predator 2 came out about 2 years ago for $135, and now the new Predator is $155-165 most places.

As of now, the droids are in the same status as Chewie and Duke Nukem.

That is both :lol (Duke Nukem) and :monkey2 (Chewie)

Medicom is releasing the droids.

If that were the case, Medicom would sell quite a bit of them. These are the iconic Star Wars figures and they would beat SS to the punch (sales). The only negative, and it's a significant one, would be the pricing...

These were shown at the recent Medicom Toy Expo - they look really nice and frankly I am excited to replace my 1999 Hasbro C-3PO and R2-D2
20090620_e42cbc492d263fd063daQQ8wS7.jpg

20090620_58fe056a326503766854jqsmqX.jpg

I myself have experimented with a unique body type or two in my life and I have not been able to produce any droids :D. Hopefully that quote from SS is a hint to the creation of these two droids. Thanks the maker if so. I really would love to see them. I can replace my lucky R2 with something that may have a bigger WOW factor. :lol

Depend on the price , I might get the medicom. Hope they improve the paint to a more glossy gold on C3PO...

Back