Stunning RuPaul Statue by Tweeterhead!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave has already made a comment about this thread...

Anyway - I don't want to close this thread -let's keep it about the statue please.

Keep the discussion to the statue please. I will not post another warning, I'll just had out infractions, close the thread or both. :wave

I think it's an amazing sculpt and very well done. Congrats to anyone picking this statue up. :duff

I could care less if he is a he she or it.
I think it's just Really Odd cause Rupaul is essentially a Reality Star / TV Host?
It'd be like a Snooki Statue or a Ellen Statue being made?
Just seems like a real odd persona to be made into a highend collector's statue?
Snooki statue
now that would be crossing the line

Here is some more back round on this piece from Tweeterhead Facebook page:

Rupaul! You'll get to see this maquette from Tweeterhead featured in the upcoming season of RuPaul's Drag Race (March 2nd). It's up for preorder here: RuPaul | Tweeterhead

This was a creatively challenging piece....trying to represent a man in drag is way tougher than I ever thought it would be!

The final result is very much the culmination of collaborative efforts. Matthew Black crafted the flags and base, and David Fisher went to unbelievable efforts to create the paintmasters.

Thanks for looking!
Trev
Like ·
· Share · 513
Tweeterhead
February 12 at 6:01pm ·

For you RuPaul fans, we were honored to make a Ru Maquette for one of our Idols. You can see it at the end of Ru's new video. A lot more to Ru-Veal when Drag Race premieres on March 2nd!! It's on pre-sale now and will include a certificate signed by Ru!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoTRQgMOVQo
RuPaul and Michelle Visage New York City Beat Official Music Video
The official music video for RuPaul and Michelle Visage's "New York City Beat" PRE ORDER Covergurlz 2 and get "New York City Beat" instantly: Create, Manage Global Affiliate Commerce Links for Free....
youtube.com

It does make sense that this is more a promotional piece for the show than it is intended as a product. It's cool that they are also releasing though for those that want a collectible from the show.

There's a Bear Grylls 1:6 action figure - so perhaps this is the wave of the future? Collect a doll from every season of the Bachelor!

Back