Studio Scale/Replica ships...whatcha got?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well spotted 107.

I've had my eye on this for a while but I need a modeller to built and paint it.

Anyone up for the task?

Well spotted 107.

I've had my eye on this for a while but I need a modeller to built and paint it.

Anyone up for the task?

Check thereplicapropforum.com

Although I can tell you it would be very expensive to have someone do. Someone should charge like over $1,000 to build and paint something like that. And realistically they should charge more than that

:wave
Like to hear people's opinions on the code 3 vader tie fighter....
Haven't seen one in person but would like to extent my collection into some star wars vehicles

It's very cool.

My list:
Code3 X-wing Sig edition.
Code3 Tie-Fighter Sig Edition (death star base and damaged wing)
Code3 Tie-Fighter regular Edition
Code3 AT-ST
Code3 Slave 1
Code3 Falcon *Fine Molds is the way to go!*
Code3 Republic Gunship
Kotobukiya/Fine Molds X-wing

I never got any of the Master Replica models. Sure they're accurate, but they lacked the 3D features that the Code3 models have and they followed the Incredible Cross Section Illustrations books perfectly.

Since there's no way I'm ever going to drop thousands of dollars for a Falcon, I picked up the Hasbro one for about a $100 when it first came out, and have been working on it a little at a time. I shortened all the gear boxes, the length of the cockpit, gave the jawbox a more accurate angular shape, weathered & painted it, still working on it whenever I get around to it. It's not going to ever be 100% accurate to any specific model, but it's good enough for me :)

dscn1090v2.jpg

It's very cool.

My list:
Code3 X-wing Sig edition.
Code3 Tie-Fighter Sig Edition (death star base and damaged wing)
Code3 Tie-Fighter regular Edition
Code3 AT-ST
Code3 Slave 1
Code3 Falcon *Fine Molds is the way to go!*
Code3 Republic Gunship
Kotobukiya/Fine Molds X-wing

I never got any of the Master Replica models. Sure they're accurate, but they lacked the 3D features that the Code3 models have and they followed the Incredible Cross Section Illustrations books perfectly.

Since there's no way I'm ever going to drop thousands of dollars for a Falcon, I picked up the Hasbro one for about a $100 when it first came out, and have been working on it a little at a time. I shortened all the gear boxes, the length of the cockpit, gave the jawbox a more accurate angular shape, weathered & painted it, still working on it whenever I get around to it. It's not going to ever be 100% accurate to any specific model, but it's good enough for me :)

dscn1090v2.jpg

Dude, you've done a great job customizing that hasbro falcon. Hats off too you:clap

Nice work on the Falcon!

Is there a board where they might talk about modding code 3 stuff? I only have the Slave 1 and unfortunately I bumped it and it fell. :( So now I'm in need of any information on it to figure out if I can even fix it or not.

Thanks for the compliments :)
Glad you guys like the Falcon.

Dug up a couple of older photos I have of my Code3 TIE-Fighter lit up.
hpim0481small4ce.jpg

hpim0471small9du.jpg

To bluedevil: OUCH! I'm afraid to ask, how badly damaged is it?

Cool, the base is articulated.

It's kinda hard to describe how bad it is. Basically it landed on one of the wings so the bar that connects them is bent. So one of the pistons won't connect and there is a piece that would need to be glued back on.

It happened a couple years ago and I have to admit that I was so upset with myself I packed it back up just so I would stop beating myself up about it. There is a scratch on the main body but it blends in with the weathering somewhat, enough that it's far from being a big concern to me...and one scratch on the canopy which would bug me if the rest of it was in good condition.

I have this feeling that if I were able to replace that bar everything should line up. But I could never figure out how to separate the wings from it to do a swap. I fear the wings may be glued on to the bar.

If I ever unpack it again I'll snap some pics to show you guys.

Well, the good news is I was imagining much much worse.

Your best bet is to try and carefully bend the bar back in place. If that doesn't work, you will probably have to do a full break on the bar and replace it with brass tubing. The bad news is, you may have to disassemble the slave1 just to remove the bar. I have no idea how to disassemble the Slave1. I did the Falcon and X-wing though. You'll have to carefully remove any parts that are covering ALL the screw holes.

Last edited:
Cool, the base is articulated.

It's kinda hard to describe how bad it is. Basically it landed on one of the wings so the bar that connects them is bent. So one of the pistons won't connect and there is a piece that would need to be glued back on.

It happened a couple years ago and I have to admit that I was so upset with myself I packed it back up just so I would stop beating myself up about it. There is a scratch on the main body but it blends in with the weathering somewhat, enough that it's far from being a big concern to me...and one scratch on the canopy which would bug me if the rest of it was in good condition.

I have this feeling that if I were able to replace that bar everything should line up. But I could never figure out how to separate the wings from it to do a swap. I fear the wings may be glued on to the bar.

If I ever unpack it again I'll snap some pics to show you guys.

Geez, sorry to hear that. It is indeed a nice model.

Thanks for the compliments :)
Glad you guys like the Falcon.

Dug up a couple of older photos I have of my Code3 TIE-Fighter lit up.
hpim0481small4ce.jpg

hpim0471small9du.jpg

To bluedevil: OUCH! I'm afraid to ask, how badly damaged is it?

Whoo hoo! Love the light mod. Do you mind expanding on how you managed to do it?:clap great work BTW

Whoo hoo! Love the light mod. Do you mind expanding on how you managed to do it?:clap great work BTW

Sure, but you'll laugh how ridiculously easy it is. The cockpit hatch seals magnetically, and there's a magnet at the top of the open cockpit. Just attach a small watch size battery to the magnet. No glue or anything is required the magnet will hold the battery fine. Then just stick a red LED light onto the battery whenever you want it on :)

Sure, but you'll laugh how ridiculously easy it is. The cockpit hatch seals magnetically, and there's a magnet at the top of the open cockpit. Just attach a small watch size battery to the magnet. No glue or anything is required the magnet will hold the battery fine. Then just stick a red LED light onto the battery whenever you want it on :)

That is really neat!:clap

Well, the good news is I was imagining much much worse.

Your best bet is to try and carefully bend the bar back in place. If that doesn't work, you will probably have to do a full break on the bar and replace it with brass tubing. The bad news is, you may have to disassemble the slave1 just to remove the bar. I have no idea how to disassemble the Slave1. I did the Falcon and X-wing though. You'll have to carefully remove any parts that are covering ALL the screw holes.

Thanks Scarrack. You've given me some hope. One of these days I'll dig it out and start analyzing things. If that bar is glued in to the wings how would I get it out? I know, I'm asking questions too soon. I gotta get it disassembled first.

Geez, sorry to hear that. It is indeed a nice model.

Thanks. Yeah, it really is a beautiful piece. Hopefully one day I'll be able to display it again.

To Blue Devil:

You're right about the wings.
Your best bet is to go to the RPF and ask those guys if anyone would be able to fix it for you. It would be expensive just shipping that thing back and forth and paying someone to fix it. Last time I checked it's pretty hard to find that ship anymore, so it would probably be cheaper than buying a new one.

Back