Student Goes Off At Teacher About Education

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kid is in the right, I graduated high school about four years ago. Teachers don't give a **** these days. Honestly, that's why student's are NEVER prepared for higher education. Most of the teachers I had in high school were the same way, "here's this assignment answer is in the book." Then they ***** because they don't get paid enough. We need more teachers who actually care about teaching and actually try to teach, not to just do it for a paycheck.

Also, just because the kid has long hair and the brass to stand up to that ***** in the middle of the class, doesn't mean he's a brat or problem child. It's because he obviously cares. The teacher didn't even have anything to say back, which probably mean the kids in the right. "You're wasting my time" while that fat ***** sits at her desk, zooms facebook while eating cheetos for a paycheck. **** that.

Point being, the reason America's education rates suck? Because we don't give a ****, and there's not enough students like the one in the video who actually want to take it seriously.

"A culture among the poor who don't value education?" WTF??
Its not that they don't value it my friend, it that that they have more concerns in front of them, like feeding the family, balancing 2-3 jobs, etc.....
Then where does it all start? These families don't value long-term investment and deferred gratification. Education is an exercise in those things. Of course, the fact that they are poor, are often headed by single mothers, have no free time, and have little social support keep them down. But if they could still teach their kids that school was legitimately important, then it would make a huge dent in things. Then maybe their kids wouldn't drop out, would graduate, wouldn't have kids of their own because of the fear that it would keep them from being able to go to college, etc. School attachment is a critical value for potential educational and career success.

"A culture among the poor who don't value education?" WTF??
Its not that they don't value it my friend, it that that they have more concerns in front of them, like .....

Playing xbox, paying for their iPhone, going out with friends.... etc...

Kid is in the right, I graduated high school about four years ago. Teachers don't give a **** these days. Honestly, that's why student's are NEVER prepared for higher education. Most of the teachers I had in high school were the same way, "here's this assignment answer is in the book." Then they ***** because they don't get paid enough. We need more teachers who actually care about teaching and actually try to teach, not to just do it for a paycheck.

Also, just because the kid has long hair and the brass to stand up to that ***** in the middle of the class, doesn't mean he's a brat or problem child. It's because he obviously cares. The teacher didn't even have anything to say back, which probably mean the kids in the right. "You're wasting my time" while that fat ***** sits at her desk, zooms facebook while eating cheetos for a paycheck. **** that.

Point being, the reason America's education rates suck? Because we don't give a ****, and there's not enough students like the one in the video who actually want to take it seriously.

:slap...........................................

You're trying to make me out as a straw man Nam, but it's just not accurate. I never made the argument that schools can solve all of our ills. I do think they can be improved and can help move the needle a bit. I think educating families about proper parenting can also help. But really, unless those families develop new cultural norms of behavior and expectations things won't change.

Why would they change? Remember that dude in the Nancy Palosi vid about unemployment? "I'm not looking for a job. A career, maybe, but not a job." Most gain careers by getting a job. The government subsidizes and in many cases pays their rent, gives them food and soon healthcare, just to sit on their asses. There's no incentive to earn anything. A child grows up in that environment and he expects the same. That includes school. They don't feel the need to earn grades. I don't see how you can't understand the relationship there, unless you share the like mentality many poor have against rich people, "I hate you and blame you for everything because you have something I shouldn't have to earn!" :cuckoo:

BEHOLD AND LO, HERE IS TRUTH...

Many teachers suck and many students lack initiative and creative ambition.

This thread my close now. Thanks. :wave

Are you seriously denying the plight of African American slaves, Native Americans, globalized 3rd world countries, and victims of sub-prime mortgage lending?

No. I'm denying your crooked comprehension of those historical facts.

And don't play polemics if you want a serious conversation. Your incredulity at my position won't pinch hit for a genuine refutation.

No. I'm denying your crooked comprehension of those historical facts.

Oh educate me why they are crooked? Please. So you're saying none of these people were exploited? Who's got the crooked comprehension?

Does everyone look like a shape to you Nam? Some of us are squares, some circles, some triangles that have to fit into the little pegs you think everyone fits into? :lol I understand totally that some become reliant on social welfare-type assistance, and it inhibits proactive behavior. I think these systems should place a strong value on responsibility and achievement in exchange for benefits. Sorry you think I'm a raving Marxist, but I'm not. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but if you take economics out of the equation then you have a severely underspecified model.

Does everyone look like a shape to you Nam? Some of us are squares, some circles, some triangles that have to fit into the little pegs you think everyone fits into? :lol I understand totally that some become reliant on social welfare-type assistance, and it inhibits proactive behavior. Sorry you think I'm a raving Marxist, but I'm not. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but if you take economics out of the equation then you have a severely underspecified model.

Only for those looking to blame someone else for their problems. Do you have a job?

Oh educate me why they are crooked? Please. So you're saying none of these people were exploited? Who's got the crooked comprehension?

You do, if you think that the unprecedented explosion of wealth that the country experienced (largely AFTER slavery) was made possible by the same crude system that built the pyramids or the Chinese dynasties, or the caliphates, or any other similar slave culture that never rose above much more than a few gilded overseers and 99% of a population without a pot to piss in.

The exploitation you're equivocating with an economy based on voluntary association cannot produce wealth.

I work in a bankruptcy firm. I have seen plenty of poor people with nicer cars and phones than I have. :lol

I grew up lower class. Never had any fancy cars or anything like that.

One parent in prison, the other working 3 jobs trying to get me through most of my school. I'd say that "poor" has a wide variety of meanings, and most people see it as lazy.

Yup. At that point he stopped making a point and began to whiiiiiiiine.

exactly. whining like a child does absolutely nothing for his argument. maybe she treats them like kids because that's the way they act. i have taken many classes at the college level and can tell you, no two professors are the same. kids at the high school level that have any chance of surviving college need to learn diversity. i've had professors that preferred to do EVERYTHING via the internet and non-editable word documents and other professors that loaded you down with hard copy and did nothing computerized. you wanted electronic copies?...start scanning. like in today's business world and life, students need to sometimes improvise, adapt and overcome. throwing a hissy fit won't get you *hit! can you imagine?....this isn't the way i know how to learn....BBBBWWWWAAAAAAA :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Only for those looking to blame someone else for their problems. Do you have a job?
Why do I even both trying to seriously debate you? It always comes to this sort of thing.

Well, I guess this is better than the retarded horse video, "FAIL" gif, or picture of a naked male toy body you used to always employ to try and end our discussions :lol

Your right many just dwell in the BS, but i ALSO have quite a few students that are working with mom and dad, babysit the siblings, etc... dont generalize.

But you are generalizing too! :lol

Seriously though, I think the poor students who were raised by their parents to not care about school FAR OUTNUMBER the students who have parents who take an active role in their education.

I'm hitting the nail on the head as to why they aren't invalid. The schools that are failing ARE failing, and the tests reflect that.

Are you suggesting a way of evaluating them that isn't based on their performance, so that they can come out of the schools deaf and dumb with the same credibility as the students who are graduating intellectually competent?

Fu-- you still dont get it??
To be CLEAR...

The schools deemed to be failing are failing only because the SAME standardized tests are being used to asses student performance regardless of socio-economic status.
Is it REALLY a surprise that test results at a school where parents are 80% college educated and earn 100k+ a year do better than at a school where parents are less than 15% college educated and earn less than 40k a year??
Im not suggesting an alternative at all. Im just stating the obvious, at least to me and other teachers, that the current assessment being used is faulty.

Back