STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fom ASK SIDESHOW:

Jan
12th 2011

When will we have more news about C-3PO, R2-D2 and Stormtrooper Premium Formats; behind-the-scenes photos…. Anything?
A.

Yes, but not immediately. Prototype work for Threepio, Artoo, and the Stormtrooper is all VERY actively in progress. In the case of the droids, we’ve been invested in a lot of staged development with our overseas manufacturers, attempting to achieve an ambitious blend of crisp detail and functionality, involving the best of ALL mediums (polystone, plastic, metal, fiberglass…). In the case of the Stormtrooper, it’s been a more traditional development track, just paced so that we can really do the armor justice. You’ll definite see images of both finished products within the first half of 2011, and releases before the end of 2011.

So Sideshow any news about the Stormie?

I mean the first half of 2011 is ending in 2 months.

Hope this goes on preorder this month.

I might consider even passing on this guy now that now I have a life-size Stormtrooper. I'll see how the PF looks like and then decide if worth buying it.

I will definitely be getting this one. My last PF was the Clone Trooper and I think it came out awesome. I think it will be around the $300 range give or take a few $$ just like the Clone Trooper.

I bought some Kotobukiyas like the Sandtroopers, the Biker Scout and the Snow Trooper, but hated their regular Stormtrooper.
But I sold all of them quickly after discovering Sideshow figures and the fact that they are able to pose!

I really never liked the idea that, although they look great, the PF can't move any of their body parts.

On the other hands I was disappointed by the loose gawky body of SS's NonPFs and why they put their astonishing armour and accessoires on crap like that ...
In the end that's why I ended here doing customs to finally see some cool OT Troops do there posing.

Not that anyone wanted to know ... :lol

These announcements scare the crap out of me because I want both of these PF's (Stormy and C3PO/R2) very much..but im afraid they will screw them up with awful poses. The droids..i think there is only one clear choice pose..and thats the one everyone thinks of when you think of those two together..shouldnt be a problem..but the trooper...oh boy..I would be shocked if they get a good pose on it. They tend to try and flex their artistic side and think up a pose that is outside of the films...big no no...Jedi Luke is a nice PF..but could have been amazing with a classic pose.

Any guesses what could be the exclusive for the Stormie?

My guess would be an additional head featuring an idolized and an asymetrical helmet.

So, what do you think?

These announcements scare the crap out of me because I want both of these PF's (Stormy and C3PO/R2) very much..but im afraid they will screw them up with awful poses. The droids..i think there is only one clear choice pose..and thats the one everyone thinks of when you think of those two together..shouldnt be a problem..but the trooper...oh boy..I would be shocked if they get a good pose on it. They tend to try and flex their artistic side and think up a pose that is outside of the films...big no no...Jedi Luke is a nice PF..but could have been amazing with a classic pose.

Gotta admit I'm more worried about 3PO than any of them; that ____ty painted gold finish on the life-size and bust is just terrible

I really hope the Stormie PF preorder will go live this month.

There should be a Star Wars PF coming as there hasn't been a preorder since the Emperor debacle in January.

I really hope this doesn't preorder during SDCC as I don't wanna fight over this to the death with other customers.

I guess the editon size for the exclusive will be 1000 and perhaps 5000 for the regular.

What do you think?

I really hope SS doesn't follow the new $330 trend for PFs but sells this for $300.

Any guesses what could be the exclusive for the Stormie?

My guess would be an additional head featuring an idolized and an asymetrical helmet.

So, what do you think?

A rifle could be the easiest exclusive option. Still wish they would try making this a bit more accurate and not a a simple oversized 1:6 Stormtrooper... The Stormies are among the most iconic movie villains for crying out loud.

My most anticipated PF. Just a bit worried about the pose, that
will make or break this piece....DON'T SCREW UP SS..:pray:

I really hope the Stormie PF preorder will go live this month.

There should be a Star Wars PF coming as there hasn't been a preorder since the Emperor debacle in January.

I really hope this doesn't preorder during SDCC as I don't wanna fight over this to the death with other customers.

I guess the editon size for the exclusive will be 1000 and perhaps 5000 for the regular.

What do you think?

I really hope SS doesn't follow the new $330 trend for PFs but sells this for $300.

What was the debacle in January? I'm new to the PF party and wasn't around then. Thanks!

Back