Stormtrooper bucket help...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Portugueezer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need some advice. I´m looking to get a lincensed Stormtrooper helmet either the one from MR or Efx.
Can I get some knowledge of the people more "in the know" which one is considered better...?

Thanks!:peace

P.S I know zero.....:(

they are both the same if it's the LE, only difference is the frown area, "teeth" on the EFX is painted a little cleaner around the edges, that's all. If you get the EFX Collector's Edition, it's a little cheaper but isn't made out of fiberglass like the LE version. It's assymetrical too and a little larger with lower quality material but still looks great. Both MR and EFX LE versions will set you back a pretty penny though. Other than the frown paint, they are both the same helmet. Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

Hey!

Thanks for the info... good stuff.:peace

I was actually thinking about getting the "cheaper" versions. They are open ES, correct..? Poor quality?

the CE has great quality actually. Just not fiberglass, i believe its PVC or ABS, just not inner padded lining, not as shiny, not bubble lenses, no stand/plaque, just a little lower in quality and open edition. You get what you pay for but it's a lot better than the FX helmets!

Differences in Master Replicas/eFX Stormtrooper 1:1 helmet:

Limited Edition (eFX is exactly like this one but just 500 made):

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrSdBMd6X3k[/ame]

Suggest Retail Price: $399
Version: "Hero"
Edition Size: 2,500 (only 1,048 made by MR and 500 by eFX)
Geometry: Asymmetrical (screen accurate)
Lens: Bubble Lens (Green and Grey)*
Material: Hand Laid Fiberglass
Interior: Fully lined and padded
Plaque: Yes
Stand: Yes

Collector's Edition Helmet (eFX Precision Cast):

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LtsM1fDzuw[/ame]

Suggested Retail Price: $119
Version: "Stunt"
Edition Size: Open Edition
Geometry: Symmetrical (idealized)
Lends: Flat-Green
Material: Injection molded ABS
Interior: PU Foam Pad on Crown
Plaque: No
Stand: No

But I would advise you to take into consideration some of the unlicensed/fan made Stormtrooper helmets. Read this thread and you can learn a few interesting things: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68994&page=22

Just to chip in. I have the eFX Precision Cast helmet. I found it to be a cheap and "easy" way of getting the iconic helmet on your shelf. It doesn't come with any stand or plaque, though.

Hey Chris! :wave

Do you like it?
I think it is "fairly" easy to get a custom plaque and stand, right..?

I'm extremely pleased with it. I'm not that much into movie accuracy. So idealized pieces suit me just fine. I just want the representation - that's it for me.

I can highly recommand it, and it's also rather affordable when being used to buying PFs etc.

I wear it all the time.......

talon_love.jpg

Hey!

Thanks for the link. Very interesting read....

Any particular fan based bucket you recomend...?:peace

There are so many: RS Prop Masters, TE/TE2, TM, Gino, ATA, AP, Laws, Moncal, CfO (for ROTJ), and even SDS (though there is controversy here).

MR/eFX = Master Replicas/eFX Collectibles - licensed Star Wars helmets

AP = Authentic Props - because it's being pulled in ABS, the detail is not as sharp as the TE2

ATA = Affordable Trooper Armor - Is it made by SuperTrooper (Terrell from FISD/501st) from a CAP mold

CfO = Cast from Original - ROTJ helmets with special liners inside, but they are making other helmets, even non-Star Wars props

FX/GT= is a fan sculpt but not accurate at all. Many 501st members still wear this type of armor. The helmet is notorious for it's over-sized, bobble-head look.

Gino = very accurate helmet.

SDS = Shepperton Design Studios (Andrew Ainsworth - the guy who pulled the helmets back in 1976) - a lot of controversy here, but the helmets themselves are cool, and a bit more sturdier then the regular unlicensed lids.

SiMan/RS Props = the latest Stormtrooper helmet produced from a movie used prop (this is the ultimate Stormtrooper Stunt helmet and keeps ALL the details and bumps from the original ILM helmet)

TM = Trooper Master - a 100% fan sculpt but probably the most accurate armor in the world (for not having been recast from screen-used items).

TE/TE2 = Trooper Expert - TE has sold his molds and the new owner is going by the term TE2. Very accurate.

This might help too: https://www.starwarshelmets.com/

Thanks for taking the time to post all that info.
There sure are alot of buckets out there... I have ALOT of reading to do...

I regularly visit your collection thread (sorry for not posting...) and in fact, you are the main reason I want get a bucket so I can pose along the PF just like you have...:wave

Thanks for taking the time to post all that info.
There sure are alot of buckets out there... I have ALOT of reading to do...

I regularly visit your collection thread (sorry for not posting...) and in fact, you are the main reason I want get a bucket so I can pose along the PF just like you have...:wave

There are many Stormtrooper helmets out there licensed and not. And different quality too. First you need to understand one IMPORTANT thing: stay away from ebay when looking for Stormtrooper armor and helmets - the only exceptions that come to mind now are CfO (Cast from Original) and Trooperbay, both excellent sellers and with accurate real stuff. Most of the others come with bad overpriced recasts. So NO ebay.

Then there are RPF (you need to make an account to read the Junkyard FS/FT threads), FISD 501st, Prop Den etc. forums where you can find excellent deals on helmets from time to time. Many of the helmets in my collection I got from these boards, in great deals. In the pic with Elm-Studios Emperor bust and eFX ANH Vader helmet you can see above 2 Stormie lids. The one in the left is the MR CE symmetrical one with custom stand and plaque, and the one in the right is the eFX LE. Thus you can see the differences between them.

As for visiting my collection, don't hesitate to post there too ;) People who visited my collection gave me idea of display, recently with the big cabinet above and the placement of the 2 large busts - thanks again guys! :duff It's always great to hear from fellow collectors :)

Back