STORM TOYS - Michael Jordan & Backboard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure looks very nice in nose pics. But I kinda hate the stand it comes with and Enterbay will come with a tongue sculpt as well. Wouldnt be surprised it Bill would make it with the pinstriped jersey as well, just to piss off ST :D

I want to see that EB tongue sculpt all painted up. If it wasn't for the removable tongue gimmick on the ST version, I might not even be that interested in it. Likeness on that sculpt doesn't really do it for me, although it does look alright in the above pics.

I find it strange that everyone talks as if Storm Toys figure is just as easy to get as any EB Jordan figure. Weather we like the ST better or not doesn't really matter if they are not obtainable. Waiting to see what EB does with a tongue out version but ST does not seem obtainable at all. I don't see a place to get one from ST or at that same price point. It's nice but only to those that have it I guess.

I realise where the outfit is from now :slap :lol

michael-jordan-michael-jackson.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday, again, two separate boxes. Quality in my opinion is as good if not better than EB. Only thing, and its not a huge deal, is that the packing wasn't the greatest.

The '23' box was shipped in a slightly larger outer box then the outer box wrapped with paper. The '23' box ended up with a couple of scuffs from sliding around within the inner box. Being a flat black finish the scuffs really stand out but with an unlicensed product I guess the box condition isn't that big of a deal. Very happy with the purchase, hopefully they stuck to their word and only made 250.

Simply putting the box in a plastic bag before putting it in the shipper box might have avoided those scuffs :slap

it's correct to use bigger box to have room to absorb the impact, if not any damage on the outer box will translate to the same damage inside.

only thing is they didn't use bubblewrap & waste paper to fill some gaps.

using plastic bag wouldn't do much.

Yep. Or the layer of protective foam that EB now uses.

Strange the open mouth head is much bigger than the normal head. I'm assuming the right side is EB head.

Show us the tongue pls. Just the tongue.

q2li.jpg

I picked up my 2nd package today. My thoughts overall is still the same. Its a great package overall, with a solid figure and a ton of outfits that provide so many display options.

Some nitpicks:

• The ball feels cheap and light compared to EB's
  • The striped jersey feels heavier and stiffer with the shoulders tending to pop up because of the seam underneath. Not as bad as Kobe's jersey and can be adjusted
  • The shoes look and feel cheap compared to EB's
  • The main box was pretty dinged up so displaying it is not an option for me. I wish that Storm Toys stuck with foam inserts instead of clam shell trays. No COA makes me wonder just how exclusive these sets really are.

Now my pros:

• The body is awesome. It's sturdy and hard so I don't feel like it's going to break or get scratched when I move it like the Enterbay body. You can pull off some pretty dynamic and extreme poses compared to Enterbay's body.
  • The headsculpts. The stoic head is really close in likeness to EB. The open mouth head is a little off imo compared to the series 2 EB head, but I'm starting to come around to it. The tongue attachment is ingenious and well thought out.
  • The base. The plastic stand feels fragile when adjusting positions with the ratchet joints, so some care is needed. But I find that you can have more posing options and space on the base to pull them off. Plus you can hook up a separate base and stand (that you have to buy) so you can have your figures interact with each other. That is a big plus!
  • The outfits. I think that they are well tailored and and fit pretty well on the figure. The material for the jersey feels heavier but the paint apps feel really durable. There were times when I thought I scratched off the paint when putting on the pinstrip shorts, but the paint or decal was still on it.

zi0g.jpg

c3bn.jpg

c3bn.jpg

yyep.jpg

using plastic bag wouldn't do much.
It's what HT does, & it would save the box rubbing directly on the shipper box to avoid the friction scuffs :dunno
  • The ball feels cheap and light compared to EB's
You could pretty much see that even before release :lol I think my expectations for it were so low, that when I actually got it, it wasn't so bad.
  • The shoes look and feel cheap compared to EB's
Are the EB Jordan sneakers compatible with the Storm Toys body?
  • The body is awesome. It's sturdy and hard so I don't feel like it's going to break or get scratched when I move it like the Enterbay body. You can pull off some pretty dynamic and extreme poses compared to Enterbay's body.
If I didn't have the Storm Toys Tyson, comments about how nice the body is might have been a non factor with my decision to buy or not. The main thing (for me) I concentrate on is the portrait/s. But for this release, the Storm Toys body was a pretty important purchasing factor. Without the body, then I don't know if there would be a need to get this over any of the EB exclusive versions.
  • The tongue attachment is ingenious and well thought out.
It would be funny if EB copy this :lol

/

I'm kinda bummed I didn't really have the money for 2 of these, because I want one displayed shirtless, & one with Bulls uniform or warm ups on.

Back