Storm Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not one to criticize any work of art, however, the face on this is horrendous I like Bowen's Storm much better than either of Sideshows.

I'm so glad they didn't do her bodysuit in cloth. That would have probably looked silly. I don't really understand the mentality that because it's a Premium Format, that everything has to be cloth.

Look at Colossus, he looks ridiculous with his cotton top. Someone that is supposed to be all muscle and all metal looks like he's wearing a sleeveless turtle neck shirt. :thud:

Nobody said everything has to be cloth. But these aren't comiquettes. There's no problem expecting more than just a belt or cape for those of us who like PFs when we all know it's possible to make the cloth work instead of taking the easy way out.

For example, look at the detail on the Lara Croft PF. The solid cloth, the mesh, the grenade attachments, belt and loops, various straps and pouches, even the carabiner.
300082_press08-001.jpg

300082_press05-001.jpg

I actually like Storm's sculpted body as is. But with all the detailed cloth on Lara, Storm's simpler 2 peice costume connected by a ring would have worked well if given that level of attention (and the ring in metal could have been a cool touch).

Colossus doesn't look rediculous just because he has a cloth shirt, he looks rediculous because the cloth shirt they gave him wasn't implemented well. Lara uses different peices to achieve her look. A similar method of mixing cloth types should have been done for Colossus to make it work.

That was my point Peedi; that Colossus looks ridiculous because of how they implemented the cloth element. He looks like he's wearing a baggy cotton sleevless turtle neck rather than body armor.

I'm not one to criticize any work of art, however, the face on this is horrendous I like Bowen's Storm much better than either of Sideshows.

Agreed i think the bowen piece despite its size is really wonderfully sculpted and painted... thats the look i want for my storm 1/4 scale.

That was my point Peedi; that Colossus looks ridiculous because of how they implemented the cloth element. He looks like he's wearing a baggy cotton sleevless turtle neck rather than body armor.

Seems we agree then :hi5:

I didn't know that it offered him protection as body armor. I thought it was Unstable Molecules that could handle the transformation to Osmium steel and resist tearing.

Very few PF agitates me. Only Spiderman PF and Sabre Tooth and maybe some other fully cloth PF. This Storm is nice....so is that Tomb Raider Lara Croft PF. I've seen a few people that have similiar look of this reg Storm. So its not bad IMO. Damn this will looks so cool with Black Panther. Oh I wish I can spend beyond my limit, LOL.

I'll probably get this eventually but wait for an ES first. At least it's a nice Ex.

Agreed, I think SS is reaching an exclusive methodology I enjoy. Rogue, Psylocke and now storm all came with an alt head and print. That combination makes me very happy and makes the exclusive seem worth it imo.

Agreed, I think SS is reaching an exclusive methodology I enjoy. Rogue, Psylocke and now storm all came with an alt head and print. That combination makes me very happy and makes the exclusive seem worth it imo.

Yeah looks like they finally listened to collectors and are phasing out the Print ONLY exclusive. Prints are a great bonus combined with switch out parts. Switch out parts are great since each character has so many representations of them and adds a little something special to the exclusive collector.

I really want to pre-order this but that 'Est. Ship Date' of Feb. 2013 makes me pause.

I could be dead by then. :lol

Back