Storm Collectibles - Mike Tyson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the elbow and knee rubber started to tear apart after just 1 month! :slap

image1_zps8prdlku4.jpg
image2_zpsfokdyevs.jpg

That sucks. Did you keep it in sunlight a lot? Just thinking it dried out pretty quickly.

I managed to find that thread and looked into it.

Its sad to see this but it would be nice to hear from the poster how he/she posed the figure and for how long. The user would had been made aware how to handle these figures when he/she picked the figure up at the office. Care should be taken when playing with these types of bodies.

The damage may have been caused naturally and at this rate it is very uncommon since I have not heard or seen anyone else with this issue.
Plus Storm would offer a replacement if the figure was bought within a set amount of time. Any longer and people would abuse the system.

Also the title of that thread says rubber split after purchasing LESS than a month.

Oh no. My main body will be arms down all day .....

I'm not taking any chances, i'll be posing the same boring way.

darn, I bought two of these Tysons hoping to pose at least of them in an action pose.

ughh seeing that kinda wish i went for IP man now. :gah:

anyone know of a suitable joint exposed bod as a option?

That's a shame, but expected, its the main reason I passed on this. I don't recommend posing this if you have one, if you do, shoot some pics and put it back to a neutral pose right away.

hoping its a isolated issue and not sumthin that is widespread. cant even comprehend wtf storm are thinking if this truly is to be expected. why would they even attempt a covered bod if it was to be so prone to tearing like this. must be aware of issues for other companies that have tried same thing and failed, imagined they went this route cuz they had some sort of way to prevent that, engineered this so it wouldnt happen and used material like that on the HT hulk.

wish i had seen those pics before i ordered recently cuz it has killed my confidence quite abit. guess i will get a jointed bod for the jogging suit and extra head and pose that, leave the one i wanted to pose the in ring ver alone. damn.

I managed to find that thread and looked into it.

Its sad to see this but it would be nice to hear from the poster how he/she posed the figure and for how long. The user would had been made aware how to handle these figures when he/she picked the figure up at the office. Care should be taken when playing with these types of bodies.

The damage may have been caused naturally and at this rate it is very uncommon since I have not heard or seen anyone else with this issue.
Plus Storm would offer a replacement if the figure was bought within a set amount of time. Any longer and people would abuse the system.

Also the title of that thread says rubber split after purchasing LESS than a month.

Your posts sometimes seem more like you work for Storm than just being their number 1 fan.

This better NOT be a widespread problem.

Would love (and I think it's warranted) to hear from Storm Collectibles regarding this issue.

anyone know of a suitable joint exposed bod as a option?
I can't think of any that suit Tyson. I'm still waiting for my pre order at BBTS, so I can see if the sculpts are compatible with their older jointed Tyson body. More because I'm curious, rather than me wanting to use the jointed Tyson body.

I purchased a couple of spare SC Tyson bodies today anyway. One of them I plan on going a bit crazy on :lol

I can't think of any that suit Tyson. I'm still waiting for my pre order at BBTS, so I can see if the sculpts are compatible with their older jointed Tyson body. More because I'm curious, rather than me wanting to use the jointed Tyson body.

I purchased a couple of spare SC Tyson bodies today anyway. One of them I plan on going a bit crazy on :lol

thks! im sure that bod is gonna be hard to find now unfortunately. will keep watch on ebay.
think the head may fit on the Kaustic Plastik 1/6 KP03C Afro America Muscle Body? for my sweat suit bash with the extra storm head.

are you going to do things like leave one posed for awhile and see what happens with your extra SC bods you got? pls do :pray:
kinda tempted to get one as well so i can also go crazy with it and not worry. but.. IP man next i think.

are you going to do things like leave one posed for awhile and see what happens with your extra SC bods you got?
After I've experimented with a spare body, & see what it can do, without purposefully trying to ruin it, I plan on displaying it in a Peekaboo stance, or some kind of pose where at least one elbow is bent.
kinda tempted to get one as well so i can also go crazy with it and not worry. but.. IP man next i think.
Yeah I think getting a spare body is a nice idea. There's 2 sculpts, so why not. Maybe some different type of sneakers for his sweat suit look might be cool too.

& Enterbay's Ip Man figure is nice. I think it got even nicer after seeing the movie :lol

That sucks to see, though I'm not surprised. What happened? It's one thing if that collector left the figure in a stress pose for a month, quite another if the body simply dried out.

After I've experimented with a spare body, & see what it can do, without purposefully trying to ruin it, I plan on displaying it in a Peekaboo stance, or some kind of pose where at least one elbow is bent.

Yeah I think getting a spare body is a nice idea. There's 2 sculpts, so why not. Maybe some different type of sneakers for his sweat suit look might be cool too.

& Enterbay's Ip Man figure is nice. I think it got even nicer after seeing the movie :lol

Leaving a rubber body in a peekaboo boxing stance = balls of steel
I salute you, Lawrence!

Back