Storm Collectibles- Hulk Hogan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be a buzzkill or anything. It's just how it is.
Except it's not and you're wrong with those 3 particular legends.

Maybe some aspects of his look from that period would be off-limits, but recall that Warrior put out a comic about himself back in the '90s, with no obvious involvement that I've seen by the WWE. Further, he legally changed his name to "Warrior" and as I understood it, the courts granted Hellweg the right to capitalize on the gimmick. Of course, he really started as the Dingo Warrior, so WWE isn't truly responsible for it anyway.

Ultimate Warrior owned everything outright 100%

Yea, Storm would prolly just make Angry Old Man Warrior doll.
And who would want that?

They can do any Ultimate Warrior look they want ....I would definitely buy Old Man Warrior as well. Loved his 'injection of inspiration' youtube clips.
Edit: I actually forgot my avatar is actually old man Warrior lol

Jeez man, at least do some research or know what you're talking about.

Yikes, take it easy buddy. No one's trying to start a fight here.

Maybe some aspects of his look from that period would be off-limits, but recall that Warrior put out a comic about himself back in the '90s, with no obvious involvement that I've seen by the WWE. Further, he legally changed his name to "Warrior" and as I understood it, the courts granted Hellweg the right to capitalize on the gimmick. Of course, he really started as the Dingo Warrior, so WWE isn't truly responsible for it anyway.

Oh yeah! That's a good point. Thanks for reminding me with some degree of tact on this copyright subject.

I knew his legal name-change to Warrior was done in an attempt to gain copyright, but always heard that it didn't mean much against WWE legally, but I forgot about the comic deal, which obviously says something about his copyright ownership. That's an excellent point.

Yikes, take it easy buddy. No one's trying to start a fight here.

Oh yeah! That's a good point. Thanks for reminding me with some degree of tact on this copyright subject.
I knew his legal name-change to Warrior was done in an attempt to gain copyright, but always heard that it didn't mean much against WWE legally, but I forgot about the comic deal, which obviously says something about his copyright ownership. That's an excellent point.

My bad and my apologies if it came across harshly....

To further clarify:

Macho Man Randy Savage used the names and trademarks before ever entering WWF. He has always owned them.
That is why he was able to take them to WCW in the mid 90s and even to TNA in the mid 2000s.

Bret Hat is his legal name and so he owns it. 'The Hitman' and its colors and images were actually created while in WWF under contract but in an era where they weren't considered that important. Vince signed them over to Bret as part of a contract negotiation in the mid 90s.
That is why Bret was able to take them over to WCW in the late 90s and has used them independently ever since.

Ultimate Warrior is an interesting one as he had the character before WWF but the term 'Ultimate' was added after he signed. This was the basis of the court case. The reason the comic is called simply Warrior and he wrestled in WCW under that name is because the court case was still ongoing.
Vince made a mistake as he tried to claim the whole character despite a lot of video evidence existing of the facepaint/streamers/mannerism etc in smaller promotions before the WWF run. This caused Warrior to win the term 'Ultimate Warrior' outright and he's owned it since the early 2000s.

As another example, Shawn Michaels owns the ring name Shawn Michaels (which is not his birth name) but WWE own the later editions of Heartbreak Kid and other nicknames.

Jack the Snake owns everything.
Then you have guys that actually changed their name legally like 'Ravishing Rick Rude' in order to use the title anywhere they went.

You'll find that most big name wrestlers from the 80s own their gimmicks as they brought them to WWF wholesale and retain rights.
It was really in the 90s onwards that WWF began to lock up character gimmick rights.
(though I believe The Rock bought the rights to use his name from Vince for cash)
Then in the late 2000s they started offering the old guys 'legends contracts' to get the broke older guys to sign over exclusive rights.

To further clarify:

Macho Man Randy Savage used the names and trademarks before ever entering WWF. He has always owned them.
That is why he was able to take them to WCW in the mid 90s and even to TNA in the mid 2000s.

Bret Hat is his legal name and so he owns it. 'The Hitman' and its colors and images were actually created while in WWF under contract but in an era where they weren't considered that important. Vince signed them over to Bret as part of a contract negotiation in the mid 90s.
That is why Bret was able to take them over to WCW in the late 90s and has used them independently ever since.

Ultimate Warrior is an interesting one as he had the character before WWF but the term 'Ultimate' was added after he signed. This was the basis of the court case. The reason the comic is called simply Warrior and he wrestled in WCW under that name is because the court case was still ongoing.
Vince made a mistake as he tried to claim the whole character despite a lot of video evidence existing of the facepaint/streamers/mannerism etc in smaller promotions before the WWF run. This caused Warrior to win the term 'Ultimate Warrior' outright and he's owned it since the early 2000s.

As another example, Shawn Michaels owns the ring name Shawn Michaels (which is not his birth name) but WWE own the later editions of Heartbreak Kid and other nicknames.

Then you have guys that actually changed their name legally like 'Ravishing Rick Rude' in order to use the title anywhere they went.

You'll find that most big name wrestlers from the 80s own their gimmicks as they brought them to WWF wholesale and retain rights.
It was really in the 90s onwards that WWF began to lock up character gimmick rights.
(though I believe The Rock bought the rights to use his name from Vince for cash)
Then in the late 2000s they started offering the old guys 'legends contracts' to get the broke older guys to sign over exclusive rights.

Wow, fascinating! I consider myself a wrestling buff but apparently I didn't know much about character trademarks. Thank you for the info!

To further clarify:

So that's what I'm confused about. If they signed a legends contract, will that prohibit them from signing for figures with another company, such as Storm? Also, does anyone know for certain if they are making more than just hogan, or is it all just hypothetical discussion?

Update from Storm's FB

Dear customers
Thank you for your order for the Storm Collectibles - Tony Jaa and Hulk Hogan 1/6th collectible figure. We are very excited about its development and know you are eager to receive your order.
Because we want to make sure that both figures are fully developed and tested to assure the highest possible quality, we have delayed the final production date to Q3 2016. We are trying to design and produce the figure that collector ever wanted, In the end, thought, we know that its our reputation for providing our customers with the highest quality of a 1/6th scale action figure that keeps you satisfy. We will inform you immediately of the most updated scheduled release date. If you have further question, please email us: [email protected]

I wonder if they're testing the rubber's strength on the elbows. Making sure they don't crack right away like iron mike

I think you can pretty much guarantee that is what they are talking about regarding the delay.
Will be interesting to see if they switch back to normal arms with joints or still try to forge ahead.

Latest post from storm on FB

We have enhanced the development on Hulk Hogan seamless body, it took us some time for such enhancement and we are much appreciated for your wait on the delay of release.

5af9e6e86ad150822840848709a76ceb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back