Storing Collectibles in Garage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
Just moved to a new apartment that doesn't have the same amount of storage space as the last one. I am also getting a garage that isn't climate controlled, and I'm afraid that the humidity and temperatures will seriously ruin my stuff. Do you think that getting dehumidifiers will help with this at all? Any other suggestions,or should I just cross my fingers and hope for the best?

I made the mistake of doing this at my last apartment and a mouse decided to try and live in one box that already had a small hole in the side. It was the King Kong vs T-rex so I was able to save the statue but the box was destroyed.
Now I just rent a small storage unit for about $25 more than what I was paying for the garage.

Just moved to a new apartment that doesn't have the same amount of storage space as the last one. I am also getting a garage that isn't climate controlled, and I'm afraid that the humidity and temperatures will seriously ruin my stuff. Do you think that getting dehumidifiers will help with this at all? Any other suggestions,or should I just cross my fingers and hope for the best?

You'll have to air condition it or get a storage locker with climate control.

I made the mistake of doing this at my last apartment and a mouse decided to try and live in one box that already had a small hole in the side. It was the King Kong vs T-rex so I was able to save the statue but the box was destroyed.
Now I just rent a small storage unit for about $25 more than what I was paying for the garage.

But if it's not climate controled, in Florida, he may as well just leave it in the garage.

I have the same problem and I keep forgetting I have a few heads and such in boxes in my garage. I keep meaning to get them out but I also keep forgetting. I need to stop that.

I have the same problem and I keep forgetting I have a few heads and such in boxes in my garage. I keep meaning to get them out but I also keep forgetting. I need to stop that.

I hope those aren't the Buffy line change-o-heads!!! :(

I made the mistake of doing this at my last apartment and a mouse decided to try and live in one box that already had a small hole in the side. It was the King Kong vs T-rex

You told me this was the "Exclusive Version" when you sold it to me, bastard!

ratsj.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:

I don't see why you would need to get climate controlled storage when you must have a perfectly good master bedroom to store your collection in.

Living in Florida myself I would never store any high end collectibles in a non-climate controlled garage.

Back