Stores in Chicago, Toronto or Boston?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowzer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Soon I'll make a trip in the U.S. I'm going through the cities of Chicago, Toronto and Boston.
Well it seems like fun to take a souvenir back home. Like a beautiful 1.6 figure or statue
Does anyone know a good shop where they sell this :clap

Last edited:
Boston there's a few

NEWBURY COMICS on newbury street
Harrisons Comics in Salem Massachusetts. ( Lots of awesome stuff) highly recommend

Best store in Toronto IMO is the Silver Snail. Awesome store, huge, with 2 levels of awesomeness. https://www.silversnail.com/main/

In Chicago, there is toynk.com which is quite good.
www.toynk.com

Boston there's a few

Harrisons Comics in Salem Massachusetts. ( Lots of awesome stuff) highly recommend

Wow this gonna be a great trip haha. I gonna take an empty suitcase with me. Thanks for the adresses.
I know what my girlfriend is thinking...:impatient:

For Toronto Silver snail is a great place to browse but the few items I was looking at especially 1:6 were overpriced. But downtown core that's pretty much the only choice you have. IF you can make the trip up to Markham 20-40min drive depending on traffic and can preorder stuff ahead of time then you think check out toys2.net. But you only get a small store front I goggle at :p.

Soon I'll make a trip in the U.S. I'm going through the cities of Chicago, Toronto and Boston.
Well it seems like fun to take a souvenir back home. Like a beautiful 1.6 figure or statue
Does anyone know a good shop where they sell this :clap

When are you making the trip, Silver snail in TO always does a big midnight madness sale around fan expo in August if it helps. A few of us Canadian freaks are meeting up then.

Boston there's a few

I 2nd Harrison's Comics in Salem, MA... it's North of Boston but definitely worth the trip... If you walk to the end of Essex Street there is a great statue of Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha from Bewitched.. plus a lot of Cool shops you'll be in Witch Central...

Bowzer were you going to be in Chicago. Toynk is not in Chicago but West Subs. There are a few nice Comic shops down town.
If your coming thou in April 13-15 there is a Big Con c2e2.com happening.
Good Luck.

When are you making the trip, Silver snail in TO always does a big midnight madness sale around fan expo in August if it helps. A few of us Canadian freaks are meeting up then.

We do that??? Oh I mean you do that? :p
Yeah the midnight sale is nice but I totally couldn't confirm it last year and missed it if it was actually on???

For Toronto Silver snail is a great place to browse but the few items I was looking at especially 1:6 were overpriced. But downtown core that's pretty much the only choice you have. IF you can make the trip up to Markham 20-40min drive depending on traffic and can preorder stuff ahead of time then you think check out toys2.net. But you only get a small store front I goggle at :p.

I think last time i was in there this year, the prices on SSC figures were decent maybe but, their Hot Toys prices are robbery.Prices at Snail for Neca figures and stuff like that are fair at around $16 each.

If you walk to the end of Essex Street there is a great statue of Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha from Bewitched..

Damn...I missed that when I was there! Harrison's is great but no real deals (retail prices for everything). Great selection though!

BB

I remember asking this same question; stores in around Boston late last year, and no one mentioned Harrisons. LOL Glad I found it. There's a ton of Newbury Comics all over the state. There's another Harrisons in a mall just northwest of Boston. Also a cool shop in Waltham, Mass called Outer Limits that's worth the trip if you are into comic related toys and collectibles. I don't think they carried any SS though but I dropped some good bank there on books, mags and collectibles. I spent a small fortune in Massachusetts when I was there for a business trip last year.

BB

Oh and bring a GPS. It's hell driving in Boston without one. Trust me.

Agreed a bit overpriced, but it seems almost every storefront is now, compared to online.

I am just back from this vacation. I have saw so many great things in the cities i went. I drove 2600 km
in 2.5 weeks but it was worth it.
Unfortunately I dont bought a nice figure. I had my sights on Hot Toys Batman 1989 and / or Terminator.
In Chicago i was at the store, close at the White Sox stadium, but it was clossed.
I ve been at Silver Snail but the prices were quite high. For the Batman you paid 355 CAD. I found this
too expensive.
I visit a number of comics stores but unfortunately didnt find what i want....
I had to less time for visiting de store in Salem.
Thanks again for the specified addresses.

Back