Storage Space For Your Boxes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinojeff

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am fairly new to the hobby and have slowly buying statues from Sideshow, ebay etc. As I started to display the statues and get them out of their boxes I realize that I am rapidly running out of space in my basement as the boxes with their styrofoam inserts still take up a lot of space. I was wondering what people do in this situation. I don't want to throw the boxes away as they add to the value of the statue when it comes to sell them (perish the thought!) and it allows safe shipping of the statue. A storage unit is out of the question as the monthly charge over the years would simply be astronomical.
Any ideas out there? What have you guys done when the boxes seem to take over? Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Jeff

The only idea I can think of is to get rid of the foam and fold the boxes up, but that would leave you with just the box art, and not a means to ship the statues safely if you decide to sell. Other than that you have to take your issue up with the laws of physics.

ditto

DSC00850.jpg

Build a storage shed at your house. The cost is equal to about 1 years rent at a storage facility and you get to keep it forever and not risk your unit being sold at auction :lol

Mine before the storage shed was built:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/W3YrTkqOZKw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/W3YrTkqOZKw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Buttmunch,

Good idea about the storage shed. I will look into building one. I like the Indiana Jones video with the huge attic of boxes. Is the Ark of the Covenant lurking up there?

Jeff

A storage shed is a good idea when just storing cardboard and styrofoam, but I would never store collectibles in one since it's not climate controlled.

btw.....make sure your shed as critter proof as possible because mice and chipmunks will nest in places full of cardboard and such.

I have my boxes stored in the attic too. The idea is not because you need to sell them (that might be true too), but for me it was when I moved to the new house, without the boxes many of the collectibles could have arrived in pieces.

I have my boxes stored in the attic too. The idea is not because you need to sell them (that might be true too), but for me it was when I moved to the new house, without the boxes many of the collectibles could have arrived in pieces.

:lecture:exactly::lecture So True.
The wife and I recently just bought a new house and having all the boxes came in handy for moving my collection.
At the old place all my boxes filled every wardrobe and cupboard in
the house..The wife hated it:gah:
But our new place has a fully concreted storage unit/basment under the
house, this was definately a big selling point for me, its awesome..:hi5:
The only problem I have now is that I have more box storage space
than I do display space..:(

Image0244.jpg

Image0247.jpg

Image0248.jpg

Image0249.jpg

I am actually hiding a bunch of these boxes behind the detolfs but yeah that space has ran out a long time ago. Number of figures is bad enough. Having the sheer number of boxes is an even worse giveaway to my wife how many I have bought.

Back