Stone Cold Killers VM001 [Sin City Haritigan]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused is this a custom piece or a company? I havent heard of them before...

*edit* If thats a dumb question its only because theres a company type name but its referred to as a custom :)

I have mine on a narrow-shoulder Truetype. I really love this set. He does have a bit of the cross-eyed look from some angles (due to the deep sculpt of the eyes - if you throw enough light on it you can see that they are painted straight...on mine, at least).
Other than that, once you get him on a decent body he's amazing.

I love this set but it needs a lot of work. Ive been putting a lot of time fighting with it and it's so so close to being perfect now as there were a lot of accuracy issues...

Here is what Ive done...

1) Repainted his hair and eyebrows a lighter blonde
2) replaced his blue shirt with the correct shade of gray
3) repainted his blackhawk (gun) a very dark metalic gray (black)
4) replacing his coat now just have to dye it to the right color of dark warm gray

I love this set but it needs a lot of work. Ive been putting a lot of time fighting with it and it's so so close to being perfect now as there were a lot of accuracy issues...

Here is what Ive done...

1) Repainted his hair and eyebrows a lighter blonde
2) replaced his blue shirt with the correct shade of gray
3) repainted his blackhawk (gun) a very dark metalic gray (black)
4) replacing his coat now just have to dye it to the right color of dark warm gray

Replacing the coat? That coat may be the wrong color, but it's brilliant the way it hangs on the body. This is the same material that Enterbay has been using - it's ultrathin and makes for a much more natural look in 1/6. I wish SSC and HT would start using it.

Replacing the coat? That coat may be the wrong color, but it's brilliant the way it hangs on the body. This is the same material that Enterbay has been using - it's ultrathin and makes for a much more natural look in 1/6. I wish SSC and HT would start using it.

It is a nice coat and I love the wire it's well done but not accurate and therefore needs to go. I'm not settling for less than near perfection on mine so what I come up with will be even better.

Raymond do you have a picyire of your wip? Enjoy seeing the improvements you do to your figures.

Nope it's not! Well not really. The NECA one for what it is is accurate though... This has been a damn obsession of mine over the last couple weeks here's the deal...

The NECA version of Hartigan is his pre-jail look. The coat is a little more trench... he has the belt, it's a lighter neutral gray like the NECA figure... he also wears a blue shirt and an al gray tie with wide and narrow stripes.

From the Virtual toys set the only authentic thing about this outfit is the blue shirt and the pants.

His post jail look is a dressier overcoat type of trench that is actually a dark warm gray. It also does not have a belt. His shirt is a lighter neutral gray, pants black or perhaps a very dark warm gray. His tie is like the virtual toys tie, a black and gray stripe.

The only accurate thing from the virtual toys outfit for this look is the tie and the pants are passable.

If you watch the "all green" version on the second disc it will all become clear... sometimes his shirt appears a deep blue but that is only when it appears as solid white in the film, it's supposed to be gray.

Other making of features show the costume lookbook shots. Everything is intended to be a certain color but was definitely selected to give a certain effect in BW.

So really you could go either way with the Virtual toys one. pants and shirts could work for the pre-jail but there is no such tie avalible in 1/6 to complete the look and a trench like that does not exist either to my knowedgle. it is much easier to go post jail look. the tie makes that look...

Gorae got it right in his colors (post jail outfit) except though the coat has the belt...

https://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2416893770051892452uUPRRx

For the record I think VT's head has twice the likeness Gorae's does though,

Thanks naicon. Once he's all done i'll post lots of pics and details.

sincity.jpg

here is the Haritigan as is on TT but I thought there was another thread on this

Last edited:
...here's the deal...

Wow, you did your homework!

I've only recently begun to truly appreciate the movie so I'm on the other end of the obsession scale. I found a lot more to savor once I was watching it in my living room instead of a theater.

I'm also looking forward to your finished product but I like this set as-is for my collection. Now if someone would make a Marv kit...

And I agree about the sculpt. I think any Bruce Willis fan should pick this up just for that.

Everything is stock... I made it a bit bbackwards floating but you can see the full length between his legs :D

At first I was totally cool with i out of the box, then someone mentioned the hair was wrong, then i scrutinized to get the right color using the all green as reference and thats when i first realized everything else was wrong too.

I totally agree I REALLY hope these guys do a Marv set. Ive thought about it many times. It would need a head, a beater, boots a gun pants and the nice coat he picks up. He could be built on a Comedian body it would be perfect for him. even a Dutch or Billy body might work too.

At first I was totally cool with i out of the box, then someone mentioned the hair was wrong, then i scrutinized to get the right color using the all green as reference and thats when i first realized everything else was wrong too.

I totally agree I REALLY hope these guys do a Marv set. Ive thought about it many times. It would need a head, a beater, boots a gun pants and the nice coat he picks up. He could be built on a Comedian body it would be perfect for him. even a Dutch or Billy body might work too.

I've been mentally taking stock on what I'd need to bash a Marv. I was looking at the Comedian body but I can't bring myself to start it without a great headsculpt. Mickey Rourke as Marv is up there with Ron Pearlman as Hellboy. Damn near perfection, IMO.

Finally finished... Heres what I did...

1) repainted hair and eyebrows a more accurate lighter blond.
2) replaced the coat with a Triad Trenchie Kaki colored dyed dark warm gray with a diluted black bath
3) random white shirt dyed gray with a diluted black bath.
4) pants and tie are untouched...
5) custom base
6) repainted his blackhawk near black...

Much, much happier now... great figure...

picture113.png

picture115j.png

picture121p.png

picture116x.png

picture118n.png

Back