Still no Vader!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's going back! :monkey2

White paint on his left arm! :sick

Not checked the rest of him but there are marks on the bases as well.

I'm not happy paying so much for this.

I'm totaly gutted.

Looks like it's not my lucky day.

PsychoCenobite :monkey2

I'm so gutted and this was my first PF figure! :monkey2

I'm now thinking of cancelling all my other Star Wars PF exclusive figures.

This is the really bad news for me.

I'll check again in the morning but this is a really bad start.

PC :monkey2

Just send it back and get a replacement. You'll make someone really happy if you go ahead and cancel the rest. That's over reacting PC. Just send it back and get one that doesn't have these mistakes and all will be well.

Mine has 2 flaws on the base:mad: : a bit on the front edge that has not been glossed(cloak seems to hide it) and a very shallow "dimple" like chipmark as if somethings been dropped on the base. Also the left arm had a white scuff like paint but this was paper that was stuck on -I Think- it came off by dampening the area. Don't know if it's worth the hassle to send back because of the base:lsvader

PsychoCenobite said:
Maybe it will clean off... I don't know! :sick

What do you think?

The rest of him looks 100%... grrr!!!!

PC :monkey2

It could clean off. It's worth a shot if it doesn't then send it back but don't give up all hope because of one bad thing. Just be calm.:peace

jlcmsu said:
It could clean off. It's worth a shot if it doesn't then send it back but don't give up all hope because of one bad thing. Just be calm.:peace

It does clean off. I had same problem. I just licked a finger and firmly rubbed on the affected area. Good as new.

I think I'm was going a bit over the top last night but I'm still going to send him back.

The problems I've spotted are:

1. White paint or glue on left arm (I've tried to remove it with a wet finger but it's in the groves of the leather)
2. White dot on his 'cup' (I've tried to get this off with a finger nail but no luck)
3. Skratches on both bases
4. Mouse droid seems to have a bad paint job on one side - inbetween the blocky bits
5. Chest pannle is not in line - I'm not sure if this is a problem as he is standing at an angle

I'm not sure if I'm being too picky but I've paid about $400 for this and I want it to be perfect!

If it was a $50 12" figure, then I'd let these things go. But on a $400 PF figure...

I'll contact Sideshow on Saturday.

PsychoCenobite :monkey2

PS. The rest of Vader is amazing!!! :monkey5 And I'm gutted I have to send him back.

I fretted over the crooked chest box when I got mine yesterday as well, but apparently this is a common problem as many people have reported the same thing. Someone in another thread said maybe it's supposed to look this since he's turning to the side a little bit.

That was me on the chest box, mine is way off and really stands out - I looked at othet photo's and I have seen some that are dead centre. I have to be honest when I'm paying this much for a figure I expect the chest box to be in the middle.

Got my Vader today, but my initial happiness turned into sadness when I checked Vader´s helmet. There are two dents on the dome, so I will send it back for a replacement.

Finally got a chance to open up the vader box tonight.

Its my first Sideshow piece and certainly wont be my last.

The pictures ive seen just dont do the figure justice.

The only flaw was white markings on the left glove but thankfully they came off with some water.

Didnt get the adapapter plug for the uk though, is that supposed to be supplied?

Looking forward to obi now to complete the set.

Nathan

Hey, Natty- congratulations! Sounds like a few people have had that white mark on the glove, but I guess it comes off if you clean it carefully. I did hear that some EU folks have received an appropriate adapter plug.. It would be worth a try to contact Sideshow about that. I'm not sure if Sideshow packaged these in all of the boxes boung for the EU warehouse or what, but it never hurts to fire off an e-mail and ask them about it. Now start saving up for Obi-Wan--these two are going to look great together!

I'm now thinking of cancelling all my other Star Wars PF exclusive figures.

I know how you feel, PC. I actually did that after I got my Han Solo Exclusive, I was soooo disappointed in how the likeness turned out. Cancelled all my SW orders actually. Then about 45 days later, after fearing the exclusive Vader was almost out, I signed back up on the waiting lists for the Vader exc., Obi-Wan exc, and Leia PFs. They are all orders now.

Having got the Vader exc., I'm glad I signed back up for the Obi-wan. I guess what I learned was that one should judge each piece on its merits, and not despair about the whole line due to one piece. Inb my mind, you can't have the Vader without the Obi-Wan, I think. And the Leia piece (err, PF) still looks really awesome.

I was able to get the white spot off my Vader glove with a q-tip cotton swab and some water, even though it was in the deep stiching area. I think I got lucky because my mouse droid paint looks okay. There are some spots that are copper colored, but I think that it was painted that way. The white spot on the cup would bother me though. The scratches on the base I can live with. I've heard that SS won't let you just return the base, if the base is all you're having problems with. And my Vader is pretty close to a "10" so I'm not going to bother returning him. The helmet and tusks on mine are perfect, so I'd rather not risk getting a crappy one in return.

Polystoner said:
Having got the Vader exc., I'm glad I signed back up for the Obi-wan. I guess what I learned was that one should judge each piece on its merits, and not despair about the whole line due to one piece. Inb my mind, you can't have the Vader without the Obi-Wan, I think. And the Leia piece (err, PF) still looks really awesome.

Yup and you where probably told this by the mob that resides here a 1k times this would happen. :)

Back