Steve McQueen - The Great Escape - from Star Ace

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really lookinh forward to this, hopefully head sculpts will not be a problem to find loose!

Really lookinh forward to this, hopefully head sculpts will not be a problem to find loose!

There's a point. I've no real interest in displaying a Great Escape figure. I want to do a Thomas Crown. Even have the perfect suit. I'll buy a complete figure if I have to, but yeah, I'd rather just get the head sculpt.

Looking up. I found 26 suppliers on line here, doing Harry Potter pre sales, so I'm confident that these guys will follow through with the McQueen.
After starting watching "Wanted a Dead or Alive" last night, I'm even more keen to get this.

Looking up. I found 26 suppliers on line here, doing Harry Potter pre sales, so I'm confident that these guys will follow through with the McQueen.
After starting watching "Wanted a Dead or Alive" last night, I'm even more keen to get this.

He was GREAT in that show- I bought the whole series at Wal Mart for $15....

If they do a Great Escape figure then they might do a Bullitt... if they do a Bullitt figure then I would love a French Connection Popeye Doyle :pray:

That's quite a leap from The Great Escape to Bullitt to The French Connection. Even though I'm a fan of The French Connection and a Popeye Doyle figure would be great, I doubt the movie would have enough of a following (i.e., film and figure fans) to warrant Star Ace's or any other manufacturer's attention compared to something like Bullitt.

As I said earlier, I'd love to see these companies tackle older movies... say, Gone with the Wind, The Magnificent Seven, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, or frickin' Jaws (someone do this already!). However, I gather Star Ace's angle here is Steve McQueen and not The Great Escape, so I hold little hope for other figures from older films.

Well when you think about it there's quite a jump from Harry Potter to Steve Mcqueen so I don't suppose a Gene Hackman is out of the question. I'll be buying this figure but not so much as a Great Escape figure just a Steve Mcqueen figure, he was such an iconic actor any character he played would work for me.

There's a rich and as yet largly untaped market out there for 'man in a suit' charactors/actors from all sorts of films/tv shows and I really hope this company makes more figures of iconic actors.

The license is Steve McQueen so I don't think Papillion or Bullitt is out of the question.

That's quite a leap from The Great Escape to Bullitt to The French Connection. Even though I'm a fan of The French Connection and a Popeye Doyle figure would be great, I doubt the movie would have enough of a following (i.e., film and figure fans) to warrant Star Ace's or any other manufacturer's attention compared to something like Bullitt.

I more meant that Bullitt and French Connection are similar in concept and if Star Ace wanted to do a cop movie line then that would be the next logical step IMO. But I agree that the film might not have enough of a following to warrant a figure. :(

Back