Stephen Sommers Fired From GI Joe!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from MTVnews:

MTV’s Josh Horowitz recently talked with “G.I. Joe”’s Cobra Commander, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and asked him to comment about the recent rumors of “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” director Stephen Sommers had been fired. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura later spoke with Latino Review and debugged the firing.

“I just heard about it. I’ve been shooting,” Gordon-Levitt said. “What can you say? People like to do that [gossip].” “‘G.I. Joe’ is like playing with toys. It’s very simple and its really fun and that’s all.”

Gordon-Levitt had nothing but positive things to say about his recently beleaguered director. “Stephen Sommers is like a big kid. We’d get to set every day and it was like playing with toys except the toys are bigger. No one was more excited about the big toys than he was. He talks real fast and real loud and gets really excited. Who else should direct ‘G.I. Joe’ but a big kid who loves big toys?”

Uhm.. a competent director for starters.

I get his reference...but yeah....get Bay or someone who DOES play with toys. Check out any of his "making of" stuff....he uses toy cars to map out an action scene. :lol

So awesome.

from MTVnews:

MTV’s Josh Horowitz recently talked with “G.I. Joe”’s Cobra Commander, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and asked him to comment about the recent rumors of “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” director Stephen Sommers had been fired. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura later spoke with Latino Review and debugged the firing.

“I just heard about it. I’ve been shooting,” Gordon-Levitt said. “What can you say? People like to do that [gossip].” “‘G.I. Joe’ is like playing with toys. It’s very simple and its really fun and that’s all.”

Gordon-Levitt had nothing but positive things to say about his recently beleaguered director. “Stephen Sommers is like a big kid. We’d get to set every day and it was like playing with toys except the toys are bigger. No one was more excited about the big toys than he was. He talks real fast and real loud and gets really excited. Who else should direct ‘G.I. Joe’ but a big kid who loves big toys?”

Uhm.. a competent director for starters.

Too bad the stupid ^^^^ didn't play with G.I. Joes. Maybe if he'd had, he'd have more regard for the license he's running into the ground. :lol

Joseph Gordon-Levitt needs to shut his mouth. Not only does he represent one of the worst elements of this movie (which is saying a lot) his sanctimonious tone on top of it isn't doing him any favors.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt needs to shut his mouth. Not only does he represent one of the worst elements of this movie (which is saying a lot) his sanctimonious tone on top of it isn't doing him any favors.

:nono Remember, he's bringing the "real" to Cobra Commander. :lol Man, I curse this guy to a career of Hallmark/Oxygen specials after this movie tanks! Though sadly, they'll rank higher than this turd on his resume. :lol

Back