Stephen King's THE DARK TOWER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, MM doesn't fit the Roland I imagined when reading the books.

Roland is a white dude. I don't see how anyone could not picture a character fashioned after Eastwood. Carl Urban would have been perfect. Won't be much of a interesting contrast when Susannah shows up.

Well, there never wasn't any racial tension between him and Susannah anyway...
She did get a few wondering looks in The Wastelands, but that's about it as far as I can remember. I've just started re-reading Wizard and Glass (have been working my way through the whole series again this year), so maybe her race becomes an issue again in some other book?

Roland is a white dude.

ntQqfYt.gif

Yeah, I am willing to give anyone a chance...and he is a great actor and I can see him as Roland...

BUT....

The POINT of the DT is that the worlds our heros inhabit are connected to our stories and tales.....each world is a mirror to a story in some way. (sneeches, Dr Doom, OZ, etc etc....

Roland was suppose to be a strong analogue to Clint Eastwood from Fistful of Dollars.....

The changes the universe imparts could easily explain the color difference....but I think I would have preferred someone who really LOOKED like Eastwood.

giphy.gif

Here is my first choice to play Stephen King later in the series....

giphy.gif

Yeah Foster would be good too. I'm pretty okay with Aaron Paul though because aside from being obvious he is a hell of an actor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need For Speed didn't exactly turn into a franchise did it? It's too bad because I thought he was great on BB. But typecasting is a ***** unless you find a good role immediately afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehhhh, I like Aaron Paul but I don't think he would have been my first pick for Eddie despite his run in Breaking Bad. Don't ask me who I would prefer as I have no idea at this point.

Back