Stephen King's It Remake 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stephen Kings It Remake 2015

Well, I've actually never really read a King novel. I normally avoided em because the amount of novels was nauseating for me at a young age lol. I will check it out and probably more of his other stuff.

In essence, 'It' is 'Stand By Me' but with a scary monster. It pretty much stands on its own. Since this is my fav King book, if you were gonna read one, its either this one or 'The Stand'

I've read several King novels, but confess I've never read "It" before I started a few weeks ago after checking it out at the local library

I made it to page 575 before it was due. Went to renew it online, but couldn't because there was already a "Hold" on the book. It's so old that the county library has no copies at any of it's branches. The one I received came from their archives/operations center. I totally forgot that a remake was being made. I'm assuming that's why there is renewed interest in the book. I just put a hold on the book again and hopefully can get it back soon so I can finish reading it.

The book originally came out in the summer of 1986, the year before I entered 7th grade. My family had just moved to a new house, and I slept in the basement with my brother. It was cool and dark down there, which I loved because it allowed me to just lounge in bed after waking up for another hour or so, listening to the radio. But I remember several radio ads for the book which freaked me out as I was lying in bed in the dark, LOL.

Hopefully this adaptation will be good, and be successful enough so they green light the second movie which will focus on the Losers as adults. I'm still pissed that The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo didn't do well enough commercially for Sony to allow David Fincher to go ahead with The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest...

Pennywise is looking scary in that shot.

I remember renting IT on dvd with my friends when we where about 15. Scared as hell for the first part, the ending still dissappoints me.

bqy9lBd.jpg

A quick Photoshop job to bring out some of the detail (colours probably aren't right, though):

RSpxojj.jpg

You can see his shoes better and the paint cracks in his head.

I'm glad they found another use for Hector Hammond's forehead prosthetic after Green Lantern flopped.:lol

Back