Stegosaurus statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obsidian7

Super Freak
Reaction score
Really quiet on the Stego front. Do any dinosauria collectors have this piece yet? Really keen to see some in-hand/production piece shots :)

I'm also interested in this but it's taking the back seat in hopes that I can get the Triceratops EX.

Hopefully the paint apps on this aren't as bad as a lot of the other statutes in this line.

I'm also interested in this but it's taking the back seat in hopes that I can get the Triceratops EX.

Hopefully the paint apps on this aren't as bad as a lot of the other statutes in this line.

Yep. The paint work on the original maquettes were quite good. Not sure what's going on with this re-release with the really saturated colours and heavy-handed splatters and dots. Creative license I guess. I though the original Stego was quite bland, so nice to see they've flushed the plates a bit more in this new one. Hope it comes out good.

Last edited:
Yep. The paint work on the original maquettes were quite good. Not sure what's going on with this re-release with the really saturated colours and heavy-handed splatters and dots. Creative license I guess. I though the original Stego was quite bland, so nice to see they've flushed the plates a bit more in this new one. Hope it comes out good.

I don't mind the colors, in fact I actually like them, possible more than the realistic natural colors. Something about a green stego and an orange carno just works.

I don't mind the colors, in fact I actually like them, possible more than the realistic natural colors. Something about a green stego and an orange carno just works.

True. I don't think it's that they're more vibrant colour, I think it's just many of the production pieces' paint jobs seem to be turning out poor overall, with really careless air brushing :-/

Thanks for the pictures! I have the original and am really tempted to pick up the repaint. I entered the newsletter contest (fingers crossed) but will likely be ordering one soon provided I can pull together the funding. This plus the Tri coming out in a few months might blow out my budget.

28f8729b137d1da019f98ec7f873909c.jpg
3eb1e3673b295089f720d94eca514c95.jpg
aa3a5cf1f9e8d70680d92ea088d75fdc.jpg
416f0275677b81c8dc4826527280746a.jpg
38d828eeb9756b846872ad1e6ba311f5.jpg
ca01840cad50b01d7e587331eadc47ee.jpg

Back