• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stay away from Vincent Ward!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaney c

Freakzoid
Reaction score
This is more of a heads up as I did not know anywhere else to post this. Not sure if anyone knows this person or dealt with him in props, but he has really screwed me in a Gremlins prop deal.

Below is his information should he contact any. He will take your items and money.

His name is teddy on yourprops.com

If anyone has talked to this person or dealt with him please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
johnny5-need-input.png

Would love to hear more as well..... takes your money and stuff is really not enough info.

bah didnt want to tell the whole ordeal but here we go...

long story short, he had a warner bros gremlin prop and i had 2 roncula mogwais. we conversed for sometime over the trade and agreement and it all in emails.

and yes before anyone jumps ahead, i did take a gamble on this.

the deal was i would send 1 mogwai, once he received it, he would send me mine and once i received that i would send him the other mogwai.

well he tried to say he didnt get it even though the tracking clearly showed it was delivered to the address he gave me and it was signed. he went on saying he didnt get it and was looking into it.

once i gave him the link showing it was signed with the signature and who it was delivered by in the UK, he no longer responded to my emails.

so yes i did take a gamble but over 60 emails i had hoped this would have been a solid deal. im sure there could have been other preventive measures on my end but that didnt happen.

but i have a friend who is a lawyer and it is possible to do something about it even though he is overseas.

but this is basically to warn others to stay away from him since he ripped me off and who knows who else he has done this to.

While we are at it don't buy anything from this eBay user ssrobin07 or hotbarbie89. She change her name on eBay. This user scam me off a colossus ex statue and then came up with many reasons for delays about how it came damage so this way the 45 days protection was gone. Then kept my money 550.00 and ignore all my emails then blocked me out so I can't get in touch with her] (hotbarbie89) she has scam many on eBay even with apple computer products. Don't let her get you. She uses her good feedback to trick people. That is how I fell for it. Be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
while we are at it don't borrow any money from my uncle Jack. he borrowed $20 from me six months ago and never paid me back

Trust no one until the mission is complete (terminator comics reference) ;)

I am surprised someone would go to the trouble of 60 emails do scam you out of one of them. Most scammers try a few emails and if it fails move onto someone else who might "bite."

Unfortunately legal action overseas is almost impossible.

One thing you can do for the future is have one party send the money for an item through paypal and once that item arrives refund the money. After that the other party repeats this. This allows collateral during a trade.

I am sorry you got screwed though! I have done a few trades without a problem but have heard many horror stories.

You've got his details so take out a small claims against him. Only costs a few quid and you get that back and it can all be done online.
Also inform Royal Mail as hes commiting postal fraud, make a claim for undelivered goods and they will do the rest.

Easy.

I'd have to say the same with you shaneyc I bought a mogwai from you and after paying and asking you to check for it . It somehow makes it way to Australia but not my state and your response is well least it made its way to Australia yer cheers mate I'm happy someone in Australia got my mogwai and the fact you couldn't reply to emails as well and didn't seem to care about the money I spent. too slow to reply with emails and didn't care at all that it was lost and couldn't be bothered helping me sort it out with the post office and relocating it. Great job

As others have said, the best thing that you can do is to open a case and see how it plays out. Hashing it out on the forums isn't going to benefit anyone. Despite my positive feedback from many users I recently had a sale that had to be resolved by PayPal. It's unfortunate, but it happens. The seller (who also had decent game feedback) thought I was in the wrong and I believed that he was in the wrong (as it goes). PayPal made a decision and, though there was no way for both parties to be satisfied with the conclusion, it's done. You'll just have to learn from it as best you can and move on.

I'd have to say the same with you shaneyc I bought a mogwai from you and after paying and asking you to check for it . It somehow makes it way to Australia but not my state and your response is well least it made its way to Australia yer cheers mate I'm happy someone in Australia got my mogwai and the fact you couldn't reply to emails as well and didn't seem to care about the money I spent. too slow to reply with emails and didn't care at all that it was lost and couldn't be bothered helping me sort it out with the post office and relocating it. Great job

If you bought and paid for it via Paypal he would have to ship to the verified paypal address you provided him. That being said a tracking # would provide what address it would be shipping to and the status of it. Be it FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL etc all of them provide tracking numbers. Lastly ....if the shipper did lose it I am not sure what you would like the shipper to do ....seeing as the package is in Australia vs wherever he shipped from. Since it seems like an ongoing issue screen shots of the tracking and emails/messages would support your claim..

I agree things could have been better on both ends just frustrating spending all that money and not receiving it

I understand someone may have a grievance but please do no post anyones private info on the forum.
posts edited to remove them.

thread closed as it is dated 2012, if anyone else has a grievance with another member, take it to pm's
thanks.
x :peace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back