statue repair?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photoboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, maybe some one has some ideas for me. I have a 24" Batman statue from the Warner Bros store it's a '60's batman era statue. It cost about $60 bucks at the time. Well mine fell & broke an ear off. I love the statue (still have the ear). Any tips on how to repair it ? What do I use? Plaster or something else? Tips on making it look as good as possible & maybe matching paint ? I love this statue & plan on keeping it but cant stand looking at it this way.

Probably superglue would be the easiest way. make it fit as well as you can, then if you really want you can use bondo to fill any chips, then paint it.

I use a bonding glue called GOOP you can get at any Wal-mart it takes 24 hrs to cure or dry just take a dab using a toothpick to each end if it is a clean break you should not have any problems, you have a few options to keep it in place while it dry's since the arms are out stretched you can invert it and find something to prop him up or do what I did use some small vice grips to gently hold the arm in place, to this day he still has him and the arms are still on and away from the Public from touching him, super glue is just a temporary fix, Oh one more thing before you place the glue on do a test fit then you can see how it will go and above all Take Your Time, it will pay off in the end.

I hope that the walk through helped and covered the procedure's that I used.

Good Luck
Al

Here's how I repaired a bad break. Color and texture matching are the hardest part. I don't have much advice about color match. Main things to consider is most paints darken when dried. So test samples. Gloss and different glossiness needs to considered.

amberrepaircopy1.jpg

Here's how I repaired a bad break. Color and texture matching are the hardest part. I don't have much advice about color match. Main things to consider is most paints darken when dried. So test samples. Gloss and different glossiness needs to considered.

amberrepaircopy1.jpg

Wow that's a great repair. I wish I had seen this before trying to do some repairs myself :(

Wow that's a great repair. I wish I had seen this before trying to do some repairs myself :(

I wish we had some sticky threads on how to repair and how to clean. Then members can share their tutorials and questions.

Back