Statue Regrets! Why did I buy that!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does the Wolverine PF really look that bad? I never seen one in person and I really want a nice standalone Wolvie statue. I don't love the XM one and I kind of liked the PF, but there is something about it that looks off also. I don't want to spend 800 on either one. I will probably just keep waiting until SS releases a new one. Also pretty funny you felt the same about Joker.

With Red Sonja, Power Girl, and Bat girl coming out, they all look like bad ass sculpts but they don't fit that well in my collection and I don't have that strong of an attachment to the characters. I will be fighting to not buy them. I have a feeling they may be regrets.

there was just something off about joker..i LOVE the character; I'm a huge bats/joker fan..but it just didn't do it for me…as for wolverine..it looks good, to an extent. I don't like the unmasked portrait, and the body after looking at it long enough looks off; theres just NO detail in the yellow and it makes for a very bland body, despite the arms/head/claws looking great… I do have the XM wolvie on order…the unmasked head sculpts look off, i like the masked and the level of detail is unmatched in the body…plus the sentinel base and 3 different hand combos etc…it sells me..i really can't wait to see it in person

With Red Sonja, Power Girl, and Bat girl coming out, they all look like bad ass sculpts but they don't fit that well in my collection and I don't have that strong of an attachment to the characters. I will be fighting to not buy them. I have a feeling they may be regrets.
Being my collection only consists of Marvel/ DC properties, I'm hoping the paint and face of Red Sonja comes out superb or she may turn out to be a regret. I find myself fighting against the urge to pre oredering the other two, too. I just keep telling myself PG has the face of a beer swilling, midwest bowling mom, but that Batgirl. She's making me regret cancelling my Catwoman pre order.

I just sold off the last of my "regrets"!

I feel really good right now! My collection doesn't feel cluttered, and I no longer pine after any older pieces. I have pretty much owned them all at one time or another. Now, I will just enjoy what I got, and be excited for Sideshow releases in the future! I can't wait for the COTD stuff. Other than that, it's just Red Sonja. This past year has been a great ride.

i reget becoming a collector in general, wish i never started. Would have saved me alot of money. Then again when I go into my mancave I cant stop staring at them and loving it

I bought the Marcus Wright EX maquette because it was on sale. Also, the GI Joe Flint vs. Zartan diorama EX for the same reason. I also regret purchasing the Red skull legendary scale bust EX, was way overpriced for just a large bust. My most recent regret is the SIdeshow J. Scott SPidey comiquette EX. It's not a bad piece, I'm just not feeling it and am currently selling it on eBay. I also regret buying the PCS MK Klassic Scorpion, just because when that FINALLy came out, I had already PO-ed several SF 1/4 statues and was more into that line so I sold that piece and got a good turnaround. I kind KINDA regret my Avengers Hulk maquette ONLY because of the open edition. I mean, years later and SS is still pumping them out with no end in sight, I'm guessing the piece will never really accumulate in value because of this fact.

Back