Star Wars Year by Year (book)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Mitchell

Super Freak
Reaction score
Couldn't find a tread about it, so...

Say this book a few weeks ago online and pre-orderd it. It looked interesting. The book is about the history of Star Wars "year by year" and month by month. But it's not only covering the Saga but also Star Wars related stuff like movies with Harrison Ford or movies ILM worked on etc. Just got it here and it looks verry nice.

Don't know if anyone else pre-orderd/got it already?

More info

slipcase_bg.jpg

cover_bg.jpg

I'd like to see some pictures from the inside to learn a little more about it. Looks interesting.

I flipped through it at a Barnes and noble this past weekend. I wasn't impressed. I did however enjoy the new Rebel blueprints book. better than the las BP 'book' The new one has the 5 posters, but then has actual pages showing the posters. the old one was just a folder with the posters.

I just flipped through it at B&N last night and it's okay. It's got some good photos you don't usually see and interesting side-note bits to give you some context of what was going on in the world at the time. It also comes in a nice slip cover. I added it to my wishlist and will hopefully get it this holiday season.

I will say this: the design is terrible! It's really sloppy and unfocused. Maybe they were going for that "scrapbook" kind of look, but it really looks terrible and makes it a chore to sort through all that visual clutter.

I will say this: the design is terrible! It's really sloppy and unfocused. Maybe they were going for that "scrapbook" kind of look, but it really looks terrible and makes it a chore to sort through all that visual clutter.

That's a dealbreaker, but not surprising. There are tons of SW books like this.

Thought to myself, a DK book can't be that bad. Probably did be getting one. Simply enjoy any SW read.:p

So who has this and tell me how much you love it or hate it.

I was going to pick one up for $30 but wanted to check in first.

It's a fun book. But don't expect much exlanations about certain items. And there are a lot of non-Star Wars things in it, but things that are related to Star Wars or George Lucas (like movies from Spielberg or movies starring Harrison ford etc.)
But it shure is a nice book to have in the collection and fun to read from time to time :wink1:

This is what you'd call a great "throne room" book....
It's certainly more coherent than Sansweet's last couple of big books...less scrap-book-like and more organized, despite the "busy" lay-outs.....

DK's been pretty good with Star Wars over the years (despite that recent odd kid's book that basically spoils the whole saga for a young reader on the first page)...

If you can get a good deal via online coupon or some other discount, go for it...

Yeah I found something better, Making of Empire for £25 via Amazon.co.uk. It's fantastic. The debt incurred by LFL along the way is startling, the new McQ concept stuff is great, and the pics and script changes are mind blowing.

Yeah I found something better, Making of Empire for £25 via Amazon.co.uk. It's fantastic. The debt incurred by LFL along the way is startling, the new McQ concept stuff is great, and the pics and script changes are mind blowing.

The _________. They sent me an email to say it's not being released until October! :pfft: I'm hoping this is as good as the Making of Star Wars.

Back