1/6 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - 1/6th scale Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is almost comical. A year ago almost everyone agreed that the TLJ Kylo sculpt was a really strong likeness--today they put some new hair on it and everyone is talking about how bad it is.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

This is almost comical. A year ago almost everyone agreed that the TLJ Kylo sculpt was a really strong likeness--today they put some new hair on it and everyone is talking about how bad it is.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

They own the TLJ and need to pretend it's superior to this.

Hmmm...I think I'm gonna pass this one, TFA Kylo look is still the best for me (the long robes and hoodie).

This TLJ cape/hood material it looks like it will peel off with time?

Cracks me up that JJ is giving him back his helmet. And it's glued back together.

You?d think someone of Kylos status would just get a new helmet built for him but no apparently he only had one

Given how much Star Wars is influenced by Japanese culture/films/etc. I'm sure it's a tie to Kintsugi.

the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery by mending the areas of breakage with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum, a method similar to the maki-e technique. As a philosophy, it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise.

kintsugi21.jpg

Just now with Kyber crystal instead of gold/silver/platinum. Although it conflicts with the "Let the past die" motif but it's definitely in line with the general feel of the saga itself.

Although it conflicts with the "Let the past die" motif but it's definitely in line with the general feel of the saga itself.

Agreed. But I'm guess Kylo with the mask on tested better with focus groups and kids.

I think it still feels consistent with the character that he would revert back to wearing the helmet again, and that he only destroyed it because of the emotional conflict he was going through in that movie and anger at himself for not being strong enough for Snoke. Now that he's fully embraced the Dark Side and become Supreme Leader he probably feels entitled to wear it again, and doesn't have to care anymore what his mentor thinks.

Plus he's not exactly the most emotionally mature or stable person ever, so it doesn't seem like a stretch that he'd still be really attached to this thing, and the fear it inspires in people. Lol

It?s pretty logical really, if you have the last one you just get the new mask and cape to swap out on the last one to create either look from either film. If you really want, the maskless head but I do think the last Jedi one is better.

I decided I?ll be picking this one up for my SW Villains shelf, main reason for this one over TLJ is I want a hooded cape.

Although it conflicts with the "Let the past die" motif ...

Of course, that idea is symbolically being retracted by 'repair'... as it should.

This concept of "let the past die" is detrimental and self-centered, and truly a bad message to pass on to our children -- how can we learn if we ignore the past?

The biggest slap in the face that JJ did to Rian about that concept is bringing the ultimate past back to life: Palpatine.

I don't think that's what Rian was trying to say with that. It was more about not clinging to the past and to nostalgia, and being willing to question it and view it objectively. Which is what we saw Luke trying to teach Rey about how flawed the Jedi of the past really were, so that she could then become a better kind of Jedi.

I don't think that's what Rian was trying to say with that. It was more about not clinging to the past and to nostalgia, and being willing to question it and view it objectively. Which is what we saw Luke trying to teach Rey about how flawed the Jedi of the past really were, so that she could then become a better kind of Jedi.

Unclear when it gets boiled down to a convenient sound bite. Or when Yoda burns the tree of knowledge.

Yikes. The likeness on this one is even worse than Rey. Know it's just an early prototype, but....yeesh.

Back